• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wineador Question

Ok. I think I still have a couple on hand. I'm taking out the baking soda later today. Going to get the humidity going. Need to get my babies into their new home :)

Just make sure there is a little space for movement of air inside it, but also on the outside. It needs space to circulate air.

Here we go, fingers -crossed! 🤞

Put in 2 69%boveda packs. Put 2 cedar cigar boxes I picked up at my local cigar shop.

I have 1 hygrometer at the top right, and 1 at the bottom left.

Should I wait a day or two or three before putting my cigars inside?

Or, do I just wait for the humidity inside to get up to 69~ish however long that takes, whether a few hours, or day?

Here are a few pics of my setup:

Attachments

• 20220701_173508.jpg
    20220701_173508.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220701_173531.jpg
    20220701_173531.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220701_173536.jpg
    20220701_173536.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 5
Once you’re at 69, I would start putting your cigars in a little at a time, over the course of a day or two. If you just throw them all in at one time you might spike your humidity one way or the other. Just my opinion

Ok, maybe half one day and half the next day if it stays stable. If not wait another day and see how it goes.

One more question... I know I'm full of them 😀
If I put cigars in the bottom cigar box, will they be ok and still get humidity with top over them?
Or should I put a tab or somethjng to lift the top box off of the bottom one? And take the lid off the bottom one?

One more question... I know I'm full of them 😀
If I put cigars in the bottom cigar box, will they be ok and still get humidity with top over them?
Or should I put a tab or somethjng to lift the top box off of the bottom one? And take the lid off the bottom one?
I don’t think you would need to worry about that but if you do put your first cigars in top box with it open, then once you put your second half in close the top box and move to bottom then you can put the box that was at bottom closed on top open with second cigars. Geesh that makes sense to me I hope you follow.

No, I follow you. I was asking more that would the cigars still be humidifier if they were enclosed in the cigar box? Or if both boxes would need to be fully opened, or just propped open.

So, about 15 hours after putting in the Boveda packs, I'm sitting at around 56-57%. That's with 2 69% Boveda packs.

Should I give it more time to humidify, or should I throw another Boveda pack in for a total of 3?

So, about 15 hours after putting in the Boveda packs, I'm sitting at around 56-57%. That's with 2 69% Boveda packs.

Should I give it more time to humidify, or should I throw another Boveda pack in for a total of 3?

You could always put a couple ounces of distilled water in a rocks glass and just set it in there.

Jesus, 20 or so minutes later it's jumped up to about 64-65% with that water in the wineador.....

So how long should I keep it in there? After I take out the glass of distilled water, will the humidity be retained by the Boveda packs?

Jesus, 20 or so minutes later it's jumped up to about 64-65% with that water in the wineador.....

So how long should I keep it in there? After I take out the glass of distilled water, will the humidity be retained by the Boveda packs?

I think you're just at the trial and error stage. Once the boxes absorb what they can they'll help moderate. I'd probably add 1 Boveda for now and reduce the water maybe by half and just monitor. Do more or less as needed.

I think you're just at the trial and error stage. Once the boxes absorb what they can they'll help moderate. I'd probably add 1 Boveda for now and reduce the water maybe by half and just monitor. Do more or less as needed.
Ok, sounds good.

Appreciate all the help you and everyone have been giving me. It's been a life saver!