• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winter Solstice Contest

lherzolite

I really dislike winter. Its not so much the cold and rain, but the short days really get me down (yeah I know its nothing like you all up further north have). And so even though this Sunday marks the beginning of winter, its also the shortest day of the year, and I always look forward to it knowing that at least the days will be getting longer. To me its the beginning of the end of winter.

To celebrate the solstice I thought I'd have a contest. Problem was I couldn't come up with any ideas related to the solstice that weren't completely lame. Fortunately mother nature has given me inspiration. I live in the Cascade foothills outside of Seattle, and for Saturday Night and Sunday the National Weather Service has forecast winds for my area of 40 to 50 mph with gusts up to 80 mph. So the contest is: how long will my power be out?

Please post your entries in hours. The likely range is anywhere between a few hours to several days - just depends on how wide spread it is; feel free to add minutes if you like. Winner gets a premium fiver:

Padron 80 years
Anejo Shark
Partagas 160
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio
some other nice stick

Oh yeah - one entry per person. And if cable goes out I may be offline for a while (the cable people are really slow).

Happy Solstice!

You may be interested in THIS SITE. My father in law listens to that guys radio show and gets a big kick out of celebrating the first day of Spring in December. :laugh:

I guess 19 hours.

Thanks for the contest. :thumbs:

Well, since I observe the "Old Country" custom of Modranacht on the Solstice, I can't resist this one! I'll be up with ya, candles burning in the dark! :rolleyes:

5 hours, 11 minutes is my guess.

~Boar

I'm gonna hope for a fluke and say 0 hours with a couple flickers.

Thanks for the contest!

Dang, I was gonna say 0 hours. I'll go with just 15 minutes then. Thanks!

9 hours

Thanks for the chance!

I lived in Tacoma for three years and learned to really dislike the rain but enjoyed the beauty of a clear sunny day.

I've lived here in the desert for 18+ years now and we have 335 days of sunshine a year. The major downside is the predominant color here is brown instead of green.

eleventeen hours.....

but really 45 min.

Happy solstice and Blessed be

Tim

i guess 12 hours but i don't like hoping someone as no power for any amount of time. i hope you have a generator.

3 hours and 45 minutes!

Although thats my guess, I HOPE that you dont lose power at all! Good luck brother, My family just got done dealing with all that power outage crap here in NH, it's no fun.

I will be the first to say you will have no power loss.

I am hoping the very best for each of the family here and I am going to be positive for you brother.

I thank you for the contest.

With very much care and the warmest wishes.