• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wish List pass smokes and more.

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
So I got my dream summer job working for the WI govt in Milw. [my hometown].
only downside is I do not get as much slacking time as before.

anyway, got a chance to smoke a few cigars and wanted to tell you guys about them.

Punch - gran puro
my fave. domestic Punch. only costs ~$4.75 but a great even burning full complex powerhouse. def. one to try.

CAO - Brazilia - from Wish List Fufilment Pass:
yum and yum. My fave. size [around a PC]. have had some of the CAO line before and this is the best line yet! have since bought more of these.

Triple D's mystery stick - WLFP
very dark in color, maduro? or sungrown.
domestic. DR or Hon?
medium flavour, some nice tastes to it.
seemed almost like it was holding back some, like it was almost a great cigar, but still in the good area. - interested to find out what it is.

Ashton VSG! - WLFP
all I can say is D@MN! one of the BEST domestic cigars I have had in a while. cannot think of a bad thing to say about it. great full taste, complex, great med. size, perfect wrapper. have bought some of these as well.

Punch - Champion.
a cool shaped cigar fat in the middle and tapered towards the head. Pretty good smoke. another [relative] chapie. descent burn and a nice med. taste to it.

Gurkha - Black Diamond.
heard good things about it and decided to try it out. a good consitant smoke. med to full body with great construction. was a little one or 2-D, but they were nice. not a top pick, but a good smoke.

Gurkha - Centurian XX.
Woa! buy these [if you can find them in stores].
creamiest cigar ever! great perfecto shape, good med body with a nice complexity. a great weeknight cigar for relaxing.

Partagas - Shorts [ISOM]
umm, fantastic comes to mind.
one of my fave. small ISOMs, spicy, teeth kicker and a super smoke.

Macanudo - Maduro - From Macanudo Bus Tour
yeah, not a big fan of Macs as they tend to be on the mild and tasteless side. But, was plesantly suprised to see that it is a descent smoke. would not pay the reg. price for these, but they are not too bad.

Private Stock - a super tasty 2nds cigar. if you have had these you know what I am talking about. 'nuff said, a nice milder smoke, but with a god taste to it.

yeah, so hat's the gist for recent events, glad I smoked them all.
:thumbs:

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
Ashton VSG! - WLFP
all I can say is D@MN! one of the BEST domestic cigars I have had in a while. cannot think of a bad thing to say about it. great full taste, complex, great med. size, perfect wrapper. have bought some of these as well.
Welcome back to Milwaukee Mike. I agree on the VSG, I got one from JOE and it was great.

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
yum and yum. My fave. size [around a PC]. have had some of the CAO line before and this is the best line yet! have since bought more of these.

Ashton VSG! - WLFP

Gurkha - Centurian XX.
creamiest cigar ever! great perfecto shape, good med body with a nice complexity. a great weeknight cigar for relaxing.

Private Stock - a super tasty 2nds cigar. if you have had these you know what I am talking about. 'nuff said, a nice milder smoke, but with a god taste to it.
Great reviews, I clipped out the 4 that sounded the most like I want to try em.

What size was the Brazilia did you have? I am thinking I would like to try the Piranha

I am going to pick up an Ashton VSG at the next local shoppe I see one at. I really would like to find the Enchantment but would buyt the Belicoso or Robusto as well. I usually only buy a $20 plus once in a blue moon but it sounds yummy!

Based on your Centurian XX review, I now have the first cigar to officially add to my wish list. Creamiest cigar ever with medium body and nice complexity sounds Utopian to me. If there are better attributes to look for in cigars I have not yet experienced them.

What I found on a quick Google for private stock is that they are 2nds of Davidoff, Griffin and Avo. At $40 to $100 /bundle though I would be tempted to buy someone else's firsts - which # did you have, do you know what it matches up to?

Thanks again for the reviews,
Matt

txmatt said:
sir-smokes-a-lot said:

Ashton VSG! - WLFP

Gurkha - Centurian XX.

Great reviews, I clipped out the 4 that sounded the most like I want to try em.

What size was the Brazilia did you have? I am thinking I would like to try the Piranha

I am going to pick up an Ashton VSG at the next local shoppe I see one at. I really would like to find the Enchantment but would buyt the Belicoso or Robusto as well. I usually only buy a $20 plus once in a blue moon but it sounds yummy!

Based on your Centurian XX review, I now have the first cigar to officially add to my wish list. Creamiest cigar ever with medium body and nice complexity sounds Utopian to me. If there are better attributes to look for in cigars I have not yet experienced them.

What I found on a quick Google for private stock is that they are 2nds of Davidoff, Griffin and Avo. At $40 to $100 /bundle though I would be tempted to buy someone else's firsts - which # did you have, do you know what it matches up to?

Thanks again for the reviews,
Matt
FWIW, the Prihana is a little firecracker of a cigar. Probably the strongest due to it's size(easy to smoke too fast). Pretty spicey. The larger Brazilia's are more mellow. I prefer these young, and not stored in cedar. I find cedar ruin's the musky flavor and scent these cigars have.
Before buying the Private stock, try the Hendrik Kelner seconds on Cigar International/CBID. Kelner is the blender of Davidoff, Griffing, some AVO, some Cusano... Now the bundles take a little while to set up in the coolerdor, but once they peak, they are great! I prefer the lancero's if you can find them. Hope that helps.

Emo

Nice reviews.... the only one on the list I've ever tried is the Brazilia (and only the Amazon and Samba) really makes me want to try to look these up when I get a chance, or next time I visit the US.

Glad you enjoyed.

Welcome back! :thumbs: Been to LCC to browse the humidor yet? ;)

Oh.. and a quick shameless plug.. If your in town for July 4th, go see the City of Waukesha's fireworks display Sunday night. :D

The Brazilia is one of my favs. I've tried all the sizes and i think the GOl! is the best size, not too big, not too small. And emodx is right, make sure you have one foot on the brake when your smoking it. As far as the VSG, you guys are right on, one of the best domstics out there right now.

And speaking of Macanudo...is there any of them worth buying/trying? I've never bought one because they have such a bad rap. But I don't want to be unfair if there is one out there that's worthy.

marcsheldon said:
And speaking of Macanudo...is there any of them worth buying/trying? I've never bought one because they have such a bad rap. But I don't want to be unfair if there is one out there that's worthy.
I think I like my cigars milder than the majority of people here, and they are even too mild for my liking.

I do recall liking them better back when they were made in Jamaica, but they have been all DR for over 10 years now I believe. Perhaps there are some Jamaican ones floating around somewhere still, but I suspect like the current ones they are (more) overpriced for their taste.

If you see some Old Fashioned cigars with 3 numbers (such as 749) in your local shop - these are the Mac seconds you could pick one of them up for a couple bucks, and not feel bad about chucking a $2 cigar instead of a Mac (whatever they cost now).

Since you like full bodied smoke like the Brazilia though, I don't think Macanudo will appeal to you.

Matt

The mystery stick I gave you was a connie 73M. They are better when you don't know you are smoking a connie ;)

Triple_D said:
The mystery stick I gave you was a connie 73M. They are better when you don't know you are smoking a connie ;)
[snapback]168269[/snapback]​

Now I know I have to get a bundle of those...

Thanks for the quick reply Tripple D :D

man, had forgotten about this post.

thanks for the info Bro.
Have had some good connies before, but now I will have a No. reference to use. Thanks.

:thumbs: