• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wish me Luck

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
As some of you know, I've been spending the better part of the last three years helping a good friend Mike Alberts, run for State Representative in a nearby district (the towns of Brooklyn, Eastford, Hampton, Pomfret & Woodstock). Bascially, I've served as his campaign manager running the campaign, going door-to-door with him every day since August, etc. I think I see more of him than his wife does :0 :p

In 2002, we took on a 6-term incumbent who was extremely popular and lost 47% to 53%, only by some 460 votes or so. Mike and I decided on Election Day in 2002 that we would not put ourselves through this again. BUT lightening struck so to speak as the guy who Mike lost to was arrested for molesting his foster child and subsequently resigned from the State House. Mike was the logical Republican candidate and the Democrats had a small fight among themselves with three people. A 69 year old woman who has virtually no elected experience wound up being Mike's opponent this year and we're feeling pretty good about Mike's chances today. He's 45 years old, he's a bank Vice-President, Air Force veteran, family man and an all around great guy. He's the type of candidate that really is an exception to the "all politicians are crooks" rule :p

Now granted Kerry will win Connecticut by quite a bit and our Democrat US Senator will win by an even larger margin BUT even if my US Congressman loses his seat (which I don't think he will even due to SFG75's efforts :p , he'll carry the five towns in the State Rep. district. The Republican State Senator will win by a huge margin and the next ballot position is State Rep.

We've worked ourselves to the bone, left no stone unturned and hope we can pull of a victory tomorrow.

So cross your fingers for me. This little State Rep. race means a lot to me and it would be nice to win this one ;)

:thumbs: Good luck Bill! If he is half the man you are you guy's will be in great shape! :thumbs:

Good luck Brother Bill! Go get 'em tomorrow and I can hardly wait to hear the good news!

Aloha,

Wade

coventrycat86 said:
(the towns of Brooklyn, Eastford, Hampton, Pomfret & Woodstock)
Geez. Did CT steal all its city names from NY? :p

Good luck Bill, give 'em hell!! :thumbs:

Hope you've already picked out your victory smokes..... I'm confident you'll need them.

Good Luck CC and I hope you guys have a good acceptance speach ready with a couple of great ceegars as well....... :D :thumbs: :p

Good Luck Bill! What are you gonna do with your extra time once this is up?

-Matt-

CC
Sounds like you guys have got that seat.
Keep pushin Bush voters.
We need eveyone single one.

Good luck CC
Sounds like you guys have done the work
time for the rewards

Bill

Good luck Bill....does this mean your sending Victory Cigars to all the folks on CP if you win.... :D

All kidding aside...hope it works out for you guys.

-P-

No matter the outcome, be confident you did your best. Victory is not just on the scoreboard.

Good Luck.

M. Gipson