• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOAM

Breedy

Busted
I have been luck enough to aquire several of these little gems from various BOTL's, be it through gifts or trades, all are very much appericated and comfortable in their new home.

Cigar: Hemingway Work Of Art Maduro 4.875 x 54

WOAM2.jpg

Wrapper: Conn. Shade Maduro with several small veins and some tattering at the edge of leaf. To be honest, I've seen pretty wrappers. That being said never judge a book by its cover.

Pre-light: Pre-light draw provide barest hint of spice after a quick snip. My lighter of choice was a tried and true $0.89 BIC, I have found through my testing on Best Sellers the shape does not lend itself to lighting by torch (general lack of ability on my part may also be a contributing factor).

First-Third: Initial hints of spice with sweet leather undertone in the first puffs. After a minute or two it settled in to a taste of leather and cocoa, with a creaminess not found in the Natural shades of Hemingways. Smoke production was amazing, producing thick clouds of white smoke that lingered in the air.

WOAM3-1.jpg

Second-Third: This is the point where the WOAM began to live up to the hype. I have often found the first part of a cigar to be great only to find the rest very average. The WOAM continued to to soar, creamy taste of earth and leather. Nothing overpowering, all flavors working in harmony. Burn was incredible even for a perfecto and my sub-par skills.

WOAM5.jpg

Final Third: The cigar continued to preform like a champ. Towards the nub spice began to work its way back in. I continued to puff to my fingers began to burn.

WOAM6.jpg

Conclusion: Having been underwhelmed in the past by certain HTF cigars I must say WOAM's do not disappoint. I have professed my love for Best Sellers many times, but if WOAM's were easier to come by I would a box or six. I have been stashing away some money for the winter Anejo buy, but I am now hoping my local gets some WOAM's in as well. This is a fine cigar, well worth the trouble...well I guess I can't say trouble, since they just showed up at my door.

Again many thanks to the fine BOTLs who made this possible.

Nice review....I smoked my first one this weekend and enjoyed it as much asa you did this one.

Nice review, I got one in a sampler the other day and I can't wait to try it. I had a WOAM Signature but in split in my humi before I could smoke it. I was pissed :angry:

Nice review Brandon. The Hemi Maduro's are one of my favorite lines and just about the only Fuente's I like.

This is one of my favorite short smokes. Great review Breedy.

I hope you put up a few more very soon.

Stinki

One of my favorite cigars - especially with a nice dark mug of joe. Traditionally available around the holidays in decent quantities. Finding a box is not that difficult if you plan ahead. Nice review!

This is one of my favorite short smokes. Great review Breedy.

I hope you put up a few more very soon.

Stinki

Yeah I am a little busy trying to get something done around the house before winter. On top of that some people are just way to generous. I have about half a dozen or so sticks that I want to give a full review too and I hope I can get them up before it gets too cold.

Very nice review. I have had a couple that were from fine BOTL of CP. It is a truly enjoyable smoke. :thumbs:

Wonderful review. These are a treat for sure, but I find them sometimes to be a tease though.

Thank you for your review!
I've been looking for some WOAM or other Hemingway Maduro, lately, with no luck.
My local vendor told me last night that he might have some by the end of the month, but to not hold my breath.

Other than the holding my breath part, this is a cigar that I find quite comfortable.

Thank you for your review!
I've been looking for some WOAM or other Hemingway Maduro, lately, with no luck.
My local vendor told me last night that he might have some by the end of the month, but to not hold my breath.

Other than the holding my breath part, this is a cigar that I find quite comfortable.

Maybe if your a good boy Santa might send you an early Christmas present! :whistling:

Smoked my first WOAM a couple weeks ago. I'm going to have to agree whole heartedly with your review. Incredible cigar, I just wish they were easier to come by on a continuous basis.

Coincidentally, I just nubbed a WOAM 10 minutes ago. :D

Very nice review and pics. One question though...

Why did you cut the head off. These require a slight snip at 45 degrees, 1/8 to 1/4 inch and they draw extremely well.

Brian

Nice review. I bought a couple of these from a BOTL on here recently. It did not disappoint. One of the best cigars I have smoked in my short smoking career.

Coincidentally, I just nubbed a WOAM 10 minutes ago. :D

Very nice review and pics. One question though...

Why did you cut the head off. These require a slight snip at 45 degrees, 1/8 to 1/4 inch and they draw extremely well.

Brian

I've seen that either here of else where, being my first I was going with what worked for me on the Best Sellers that I've smoked.

I, too have a question then. The flat plane cause by the angle cut, does it matter in which direction that it faces (ie down) as to focus the flavours more directly on the palate?

WOAM is a great cigar.
If you can let a few sit for a year or two, they get even better.

Great review. This is also one of my favorites. :blush: