• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Woman of the year

Jomara

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century."
Unfortunately many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.  Part of my conviction comes from personal exposure to those who suffered her attentions. The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot.The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1978, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison - the"Hanoi Hilton."  Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJs, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away.
During the subsequent beating, He fell forward upon the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col. still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of a wooden baton. From 1983-85, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 years in the "Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned/fed/clothed routine in preparation  for a "peace delegation" visit. They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they
still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on  it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she
walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of
paper. She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to
the officer in charge ... and handed him the little pile of papers. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col.Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about her actions
that day.
I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over
5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a black box" in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border.
At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."  When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. I said yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs were receiving, which was far different from the treatment
purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as humane and lenient."  Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till my arms dipped.
I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She did not answer me.  This does not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women."    Lest we forget..."100 years of great women"
should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.  There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but
Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them.
Copied from email I received, Somethings should never be forgoten.

I do remember Jane Fonda and her "Vietnam" shenanigans. I don't know any details but I do know this. She is not on my list of "100 women". Debbie

Just out of curiosity, could you please tell me why I needed to be reminded of this ugly memory? ???

Doc.

hmm didn’t know any of that info but herd of the name. Its astounding that were still persecuting people who are 90+ years old for war crimes over 60 years ago and she’s staring in a new movie……

I'm with Doc. The purpose of this top is.....?

Just out of curiosity, could you please tell me why I needed to be reminded of this ugly memory? ???

Doc.

I've heard the term Hanoi Jane but never knew what it referred to. Pretty crazy stuff.

I'm with Doc. The purpose of this top is.....?

Doc.

I was reading through the morning news and headlines this morning; Iraq, Git'mo, CIA, Vets info leaks, etc., and then came across this. I felt like it served as a reminder of what our vets, and current servicemen/women have and are doing for us. I also felt that the younger crowd here would benefit from this knowledge and hopefully gain that much more appreciation.

No disrespect was intended..in fact, quite the opposite. I thought I made that plain in my post..apparently not.

Because there are plenty of guys that don't know about this.

NA
The only thing I care about, is that those too young to have lived through it, know, that we never,, EVER, lost in the field. The rest is just BS.

Doc.

I was in an argument the other day with a local merchant who said people who volunteer in the military do so "because they want to kill people". Needless to say, the discussion ended in a cautionary tale about solar flares.

So, yes, pacificists are by and large crazy (or teenagers).

Edited to add: here's the wiki on Hanoi Jane, apparently, she's recanted. Also, she has done other things with her life (not to say she should be the greatest woman of the century...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Fonda#.22Hanoi_Jane.22

My dad did 3 tours in Vietnam.If she comes on TV,he will turn it and say something to the effect of"I'm not watching that bitch"

Think about this for a minuite. What if some prominate woman from N. Viet Nam had done the same thing? She'd be one dead bitch.Jane Fonda is alive and well.That's what I'm proud of. That's what I fought for. So she could be an asshole and live to tell about it.

Doc.

From Snopes:

The most serious accusations in the piece quoted above, that Fonda turned over slips of paper furtively given her by American POWs to the North Vietnamese and that several POWs were beaten to death as a result, are untrue. Those named in the inflammatory e-mail have repeatedly and categorically denied the events they supposedly were part of.

"It's a figment of somebody's imagination," says Ret. Col. Larry Carrigan, one of the servicemen mentioned in the 'slips of paper' incident. Carrigan was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967 and did spend time in a POW camp. He has no idea why the story was attributed to him, saying, "I never met Jane Fonda." In 2005, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Carrigan "is so tired of having to repeat that he wasn't beaten after Fonda's visit and that there were no beating deaths at that time that he won't talk to the media anymore."

The best picture I ever saw of Miss Fonda was on the inside of a Urinal in a WAL-MART in Central TX. Some one had put a sticker inside there. I wish I knew who put it there, I'd buy him a couple of shots......

Anyway, for some reason, when ever I go in that store, I suddenly have to pee.

One time there was a line and no one was using the other two urinals...I wonder why..... :rolleyes:

The best picture I ever saw of Miss Fonda was on the inside of a Urinal in a WAL-MART in Central TX. Some one had put a sticker inside there. I wish I knew who put it there, I'd buy him a couple of shots......

Anyway, for some reason, when ever I go in that store, I suddenly have to pee.

One time there was a line and no one was using the other two urinals...I wonder why..... :rolleyes:

I'd stand in that line. Keep up the good work high-n-tight, and everyone that is or has served this country.