• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Women at the Bar

Four Aces

Well the "women" part probably got your attention.

I have found the best way to get "Mrs. Four Aces" to tolerate my cigar smoking is to invite her to smoke with me. Women tend to be much more into "atmosphere" than men, so I find taking her to a few nice cigar bars or restaurants with cigar bars where other women smoke, often does the trick. She now herfs with me a couple of times a month.

Here are some of the nice places we frequent:

In Houston No 10 Downing Street

In New Orleans Bombay Club.

Plenty of other ladies are found there with cigars. And if you are alone, married or not, these are good places to troll! :D

Regards,

FA

P.S. Do not purchase at these places! The mark-ups are excessive. Bring your own instead.

I've been to the Bombay Club...nice place. Until the kids came along we went to New Orleans at least once a year, usually at Halloween. As far as Houston, I try to stay out of Texas. :)

Matt R said:
I've been to the Bombay Club...nice place. Until the kids came along we went to New Orleans at least once a year, usually at Halloween. As far as Houston, I try to stay out of Texas. :)
You afraid you'll be roped or branded Matt? :0 :sign:

Matt R said:
I know what you mean. Happiness is...when the kids have left home and the pets have died. :D

As for Texas, c'mon down. I told myself I would never live here. Now we just love it here. It's "home" now. And it's actually very civilized, but yet still wide open. :) The kids even wear shoes to school these days [except in Ft. Worth from what I am told :D ]

Regards,

FA

I spent two weeks in Houston last year attending Government Honda Outboard training. I found Downing Street on the second night and spent the rest of my two weeks there. Very nice place. :thumbs:

they both look like the cat's pajamas, :D

has been a few years since I was down south
(of course, now I am legal for some things :D )

if I am ever back, will put these two places on the top of my list.

WrenchASE said:
I spent two weeks in Houston last year attending Government Honda Outboard training. I found Downing Street on the second night and spent the rest of my two weeks there. Very nice place. :thumbs:
Glad you enjoyed Downing Street, though on Thu night it can get quite crowded, as that tends to be "meat market" night. Not necessarily a bad thing. :D

Regards,

FA

P.S. I just posted pics, living proof that the wife does enjoy. Click on the www below.

Took the wife to 10 Downing Street last night [Fri] for a smoke and cocktail after visiting a client at his Christmas gathering.

Interesting female crowd at the pub, but tended to be too young and giddish acting, looking for wealthy older guys it appeared [the common mode there on Thu and Fri nights]. However, there were a few classier babes in there too.

Wife and I both had Onyx Reserve Churchills. I'm getting hooked on these now.

Struck up a conversation with a married couple, doctor and lawyer. The lawyer did not smoke cigars, and seemed irritated to even be there. The wife was the cigar smoker, and an ER doctor! It was her birthday. She took up cigars and gave up cigarettes. This is the first time I've ever seen the wife drag the husband out to have a cigar. You go girl! :D

Regards,

FA

lucasbuck said:
Damn straight! :thumbs:

I'm curious, what was she smoking?
She was smoking a Davidoff.

One thing about the pub, the retail there is severely marked up. :( Most who frequent the place by theirs at other locations and just bring 'em there to smoke. The place does have a very nice walk-in humidor however, and one can rent lockers in the humidor for storing one's own stash, complete with engraved name tag. There's something about that concept that bothers me, like snobbishness or something. Maybe just not my way of spending money. ??? Just an opinion.

There are some serious lady cigar smokers at the pub, but most of the giggly girls that come in there just smoke cigarettes, and are looking for free drinks. The more serious ladies I have found to be there on Tue & Wed evenings. A lot of the ladies here in Houston like Butera, guys too. My wife favors Butera, and I smoke them as a regular daytime smoke. Butera is a local brand. It's DomRep tobacco, rolled locally here in Houston, though I think the rolling might now be done in DomRep too. They are mild and somewhat similar to the Cuesta Rey line.

The pub also gets a bad rap as being too "ritzy", mainly because it is in the River Oaks area of Houston, and also because there is a clan of lawyers and judges who hang out there. But actually it is a very mixed crowd. We've got the whole spectrum there, just like in any group of BOTL, plus the ladies. I've never been offended there. And in my travels, I have not found another place like this pub. I just wish we could play poker there.

Regards,

Four Aces

I am so attempting to have the Mrs. smoke a nice cigar with me, but she is so not interested. Being here in upstate NY I am not sure where the closest smoking bar is either since NY has now ban smoking in public places. Maybe there is still a place down in the City but, who knows.

I understand Fireman. I have been diligently trying to get the misses to try one. So far all Ive been able to do is get here to by a CAO flavored one. She still hasn't touched the thing yet though.