• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Word to the wise about peppers

jbfurdog

Make CERTAIN you don't touch your face when chopping Jalapeño peppers. Yowsers! I've washed my face 2 times and I still feel the tingle.

I made some tomatillo salsa with serano peppers, one Sunday afternoon.

Get ready to go to bed, and pop out my contacts. One eye burned a bit, nothing bad. I go to bed, wake up Monday for work, and go to put my contacts back in. First eye, felt fine. Second eye, oh shit that burns....take it out, take it out! WTF? Saline wash, and I put it in, again. Ow, ow, ow! Threw it out, and I had to go to work with one contact. Took me a solid 15 minutes to figure out why my eye was on fire. Totally forgot about the peppers the day before.

Moral of the story, don't sit in PVC glue, either. Feels like pepper juice in your eye. :confused::eek::D

True to those last comments. I couldn't even imagine anything hotter. I felt like an idiot. Hahaha

I used to go to this great restaurant which had hundreds of hot sauces on the counter. The waiter decided to clean all the bottle threads and caps one day. Then he went to the boys room. Came out, and I'd say it took him about a minute to start dancing.

I've done all those things after chopping (usually hotter) peppers. As bad as going to the bathroom right after chopping was, the contacts was definitely worse. Spend a couple bucks on a box of gloves, it is more than worth it.

Gloves are a must. This fall, I'm growing some new peppers to me, the Jamaican yellow mushroom pepper:

1675035.jpg

I, seriously, thought I was going to die after taking a bite of a fried stuffed habanero at Love and War in the DFW area. My torso and head were on fire and I had uncontrollable hiccups.

They have a challenge where if you finish the plate you get a free shirt.....it ain't worth it.

The next morning was even worse.

Y'all pepper eatin fools have my respect. I freely admit that I wuss out when it comes to anything hotter than a jalapeño.

I, seriously, thought I was going to die after taking a bite of a fried stuffed habanero at Love and War in the DFW area. My torso and head were on fire and I had uncontrollable hiccups.

They have a challenge where if you finish the plate you get a free shirt.....it ain't worth it.

The next morning was even worse.

Y'all pepper eatin fools have my respect. I freely admit that I wuss out when it comes to anything hotter than a jalapeño.
Amateurs

I used a Habanero to flavor a soup, then discarded it in the disposal. Turned the hot water on and hit the switch... steamy fire in my lungs!

While cutting up habaneros one night, my Great Dane kept sticking his nose onto the counter. All three dogs are right up my butt, which was a bit out of the norm. I said, screw it, here have one, And let let the Dane grab one. He dropped it after the first chomp.

So now, the Alpha, a Peekapoo, snatches it. Now Mason was a very smart Peekapoo. But I submit that I was smarter-er. :D
He liked to taunt the other dogs with whatever prize he might have, be it food, toy, etc. So, he would keep it about a foot in front of him, and just guard it.

Well, I knew the little shit better than he knew himself, so I faked like I was going to grab it. Sure as shit, he grabs it and starts chewing. I'm still hovering, and he's snorting, gasping, shaking his head, sneezing, etc. but he'll be damned if he's letting the prize go. He finally got it down. Then came to me for more. Unbelieveable.

That's how I feed my pups their medicine.
Drop it, say oops, and bend down like I'm going to pick it up.
They can't resist. :D

Your pups are just demonic if they ate a habanero, and came back for more....lol