• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Words of wisdom

mhn

I saw this posted in a thread from a couple of years ago and thought that anyone who hasn't happened across that thread should give it a read:

"When I first got into cigars it was all about finding this or finding that...and though its still somewhat like that for me, the most rewarding part has been the people I've met and shared time with. There comes a time when you realize that its not really about the cigars...when you get that, you've got life whipped"

I've got several hobbies- and have had who knows how many over the years. Most of which I get pretty bored and burned out with quickly. :p

Cigars of course, have not been the case, however like everyone else I'm sure, I slow down from time to time, and then other times I'm in full on cigar mode (like now). My sons (16 and 11 year old's) comment about the people I've met since I've been a cigar smoker. They've gone with me a time or two to cigar shops, or lounges while I smoke (though I try to avoid that as much as possible :lookup: ) they'll watch me have this hour long conversation with someone, and ask me when we leave, Did you know that guy? I'll say- No- and he didn't know me either :D

Same with packages in the mail- it amazes them at the friendliness and generosity of cigar smokers- he think they are the most friendly people in the world :) Why do I bring this up? Thats the opinion of young children, who are unbiased..and..

I AGREE!

:thumbs: Toaster

You guys are both completely correct. My wife has commented the I must pick my hobbies by the people the asssociate with it - cigars, home brewing, vintage motorcycles. The same basic supportive, giving culture is aparent in all of those. I guess she's right, but I'd never thought of it.