• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Working all night sucks...

kro77

So I have been on the phone since 12:30pm EST. Going on 13hours with Microsoft, and they have done nothing but make things worse. Why does it always happen that when you need a specific resource you cannot get it. MS says their IIS team is swamped and cannot look at the debug logs till tomorrow AM and my client is SOL. Not sure why I amposting other then to vent somewhere,since I am sure others have had similar horror stories. So my question is what stories do fellow board members have.

Let me know...

K

Too many to recount, but I agree, working all night sucks...especially when you're spending it with Microsoft support. Doesn't your company have a TAM you can escalate to?

Cheap bastards just bought a five pack only. No TAM = Crappy Service

I had our Databank server (PDC) go down (luckily) on a Friday last year, I was there until monday morning the next week making sure everyone could log-in and work.

Drank so much caffiene I think I overdosed on it.

I feel your pain, and having to deal with MS on the telephone is pure torture.

On the plus side, I am in the hotel and just finished HdM Hoyo Des Dieux, always have to look at the bright side. :D

You guys are all stressed out. Don't take any BS from Microsoft or from whatever other company that you work for. Start your own business and work for yourself. That's the only way that you are going to beat the system.

Bill you are right about working for youself, but I think I am a bit of a coward to put my life on the line like that. But hey guess what I am doing now, on the phone again with MS since some person in my orginization wiped out an OU with 95 users in it, so now I need to do a restore of just thos users rather then wiping all of AD, man what are the odds of this happening three nights in a row, i hope real slim.

How the heck did they wipe out a OU? Sounds like you have some clueless admins working under you.

Yes we do, however the guy who did it is really bright and he new that he had screwed the pooch on this. But looks like i will not see sunrise today, hurrah!

I'd say not... restoring even a part of the AD is a P.I.T.A.

I feel for you! *hugs his servers*