• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Worst Bond Movie Ever?

Juan From San Juan

Nominees: Diamonds Are Forever, Man With The Golden Gun, Moonraker, A View To A Kill.

Moonraker for me (though View to a Kill is close). Especially after Spy Who Loved Me (best Moore film), when it looked like Moore finally nailed it. Everything is a joke, no seriousness at all. The beginning when Jaws falls from the sky without a parachute and lands on a circus tent with funny music, sets the tone for whole film. The girl: Dr. Goodhead. right out of Austin Powers.

A view to a kill is just boring a Moore is way too old anyway.

I'd have to go with "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". That's why George Lazenby only did this one film.....SUCKS!

I have to go with 'View to a Kill'. It was Moore's last one and it was one too many. He really was showing his age. Pierce Brosnan would have made that movie better IMHO.

Roger Moore specialized in the comic Bond. He pulled it off better in the earlier movies like Live and Let Die (Sherriff Pepper stole that movie) and The Man With The Golden Gun, but it got old by Moonraker and View.

I don't have a "Worst Bond Movie" I like them all. Even "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" was O.K.

Licence to Kill. Dalton was the worst Bond ever, and it had Wayne Freakin Newton in it.

Yeah, License to Kill was bad. I liked Dalton, though. I thought he was good but his movies were not but that was because of the plots and the girls/villians. He really was a breath of fresh air to the series after the last two Moore films. And his intro 'pre-title' sequence in Living daylights in Gibraltar was awesome.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service would have been the best one if only Connery had done it. Maybe.

I thought George Lazenby did a decent job as bond. I would like to have seen him ignore his agent, and get at least 2-3 more movies, just to see what he could have done. OHMSS had the potential to be a great movie, and it's one of the few I would like to see remade.

I'll have to agree that I don't particularly like Timothy Dalton as Bond. But I'd still have to say On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the worst.

I like all the bond flicks, some of the real old ones are a little dull for me, but I am not a fan of Pierce B as Bond. I just think he is a bit dainty to be bond, he is right there with David Caruso as my least favorite people to watch in any role.

The girl: Dr. Goodhead. right out of Austin Powers.

Uh, you might have the timing reversed. I'm pretty sure Moonraker was way before Austin Powers.

Anyway, I'm as much a Bond-aficionado as a cigar aficionado. I kind of like the "dark" Bonds (Sean, Tim, & Dan) better. The only one I have not seen is OHMSS, but from what I hear, it is the closest to the original book.

My vote by far is Moonraker though. Why in the hell would a spy be going into space? And how the eff could someone get that big of a space station up there by themselves? And there are the same mistakes in this movie as there were in Star Wars. Why would a "light emitting weapon" be visible? The damn ammo is moving at the speed of light ... it is impossible to see that.