• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOT: Cell Phones....

N8NOE

! JUST A REMINDER...In a few weeks, ALL wireless phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...
To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
(888)382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL LIST... It will only take
a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.
YOU MAY WANT TO PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Now if we could just find a way to charge for messages placed in the wrong forum...

Figure it was important enough... Everyone would see it here in this one!.. But I KNOW!..... First Day in a New office Today,and my cell NEVER rang as much. got 2 Calls from the Same Marketer..This was the First thing I did once I got home!..

I've always had an idea about telemarketers. Someone should take and make there own 800 numbers or something along those lines where you can charge for incoming calls. Then go and fill out tons of those marketing surveys and sign up for free stuff, do all the things that give telemarketers your number and sit back and answer call after call from them and send them a bill at the end of the month. Anyhow I haven’t gotten a marketing call once so I wonder if it’s just not your service provider that released it.

thank you...i forgot about this, as i do have a new home number. thanks again

N8NOE said:
! JUST A REMINDER...In a few weeks, ALL wireless phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...
To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
(888)382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL LIST... It will only take
a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.
YOU MAY WANT TO PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
[snapback]264401[/snapback]​

ricmac25 said:
This is an urban legend and the exact words from your post can be found in a hoax email making its rounds. Just thought you should all know.

click here

and here

and this one
[snapback]264591[/snapback]​

owned.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :p

EDIT: I am not implying Ric was trying to "own" or "show up" N8NOE in any way, shape or form. Just thought the original post and subsequent links to the exact wording of this hoax were funny. Maybe my sense of humor is off today. No offense intended to either Ric or N8NOE.

not trying to 'own' anyone. Just pointing something out to everyone before they go all crazy signing up.

ricmac25 said:
not trying to 'own' anyone. Just pointing something out to everyone before they go all crazy signing up.
[snapback]264605[/snapback]​

I know Ric - that's why I have the " :laugh: :laugh: :p " in there. I just thought it was funny, that's all.

simple solution. if you dont recognize the call dont pick up..

luckily i have all incoming calls free..!!

Rob_k said:
thank you...i forgot about this, as i do have a new home number. thanks again
[snapback]264588[/snapback]​

Me too, this just reminded me that I hadn't registered my new number yet.

EDIT: I am not implying Ric was trying to "own" or "show up" N8NOE in any way, shape or form. Just thought the original post and subsequent links to the exact wording of this hoax were funny. Maybe my sense of humor is off today. No offense intended to either Ric or N8NOE.

OK, I'm not offended!.. I will libe through the FIRE!....

But if you read the "Hoax" info, you'll see it's NOT a Hoax, jsut the urgency of it is.. But I now have ALL my phones in the No-Call as I didn't think the Cell would get caught up in it. But even the
Text said it's related to the 411 setup.
As an added Plus to this, the FCC has Zero Control over any over-seas people making this available.. Someone in "France" could make a directory and nothing could be done?.. So it's a Good thing to get ALL your numbers on the list, but the Date (Deadline) is Misleading!..