• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Would like to age something

Snowdust

SnowNYet
So my post about the Aurora 2003 burried in the box has me wanting to age a box of something that would both benefit from the age and possible become rare. Any recommendations for something that is actually attainable and not already rare?

So my post about the Aurora 2003 burried in the box has me wanting to age a box of something that would both benefit from the age and possible become rare. Any recommendations for something that is actually attainable and not already rare?
As far as NC: Illusione, Tatuaje and Padron do incredibly well with a few years on them if you’re looking for a shorter term age (maybe 3-5 years). They aren’t rare, but they’ll be a real treat if you smoke them if you’re not looking to sell. From the ones I have had, regular production Fuentes seem to loose their luster after 7+ years. That being said there are so many variables that could have affected that. I am sure there are much more experienced and qualified people to comment, those are just my opinions. Sorry it doesn’t help on the rare front.

As far as NC: Illusione, Tatuaje and Padron do incredibly well with a few years on them if you’re looking for a shorter term age (maybe 3-5 years). They aren’t rare, but they’ll be a real treat if you smoke them if you’re not looking to sell. From the ones I have had, regular production Fuentes seem to loose their luster after 7+ years. That being said there are so many variables that could have affected that. I am sure there are much more experienced and qualified people to comment, those are just my opinions. Sorry it doesn’t help on the rare front.
Thanks. Padron certainly came mind. I just can’t seem to sit on them. Definitely need to buy more than I “need” that that they can get a chance

Thanks. Padron certainly came mind. I just can’t seem to sit on them. Definitely need to buy more than I “need” that that they can get a chance
I think that a pretty relatable problem haha. They are so good for the price, hard to keep your hands out of the box.

Padrons - easy choice
Tats - great with 2-3 years
Viaje - I really enjoys with 2-3 years of age

This has been hotly debated, but let me offer a counterpoint. Padron is one of the families that really know how to age tobacco. If you're buying one of their premium lines (64's, 26's, etc.) you're buying well aged tobacco already. I've had some PAM64 Exclusivos that to my palate, turned into 'air' cigars after 5 or 6 years. Not bad, but almost nothing there. Disappointing, but I still buy Padron...I just don't let them sit for half a decade. Were I going to find something to age, I'd swallow hard and find some cigars from the forbidden island and put them away. Swallow hard, because the prices are pretty spectacular these days. You can find them, somewhat reasonably priced, if you look. In a perfect world, I'd say get a box of H.Upman 'Sir Winston' but they are rare as hens teeth, and probably more expensive than gold. I'd think a nice 50 cab of RASS, or a couple SLB's of Bolivar Belocoso Fino's, H,Upmann #2's, or even Monte #2's would age wonderfully, and give you some taste evolution as time went on.

As they say, one man's opinion......

Another vote for Padron thousand series. Let 'em rest for a year or more and you've got yourself some great cigars that are even better!

Nc padron 1000 series
CC all that were mentioned and I will add a cab of PLPC or Partagas shorts.

This has been hotly debated, but let me offer a counterpoint. Padron is one of the families that really know how to age tobacco. If you're buying one of their premium lines (64's, 26's, etc.) you're buying well aged tobacco already. I've had some PAM64 Exclusivos that to my palate, turned into 'air' cigars after 5 or 6 years. Not bad, but almost nothing there. Disappointing, but I still buy Padron...I just don't let them sit for half a decade. Were I going to find something to age, I'd swallow hard and find some cigars from the forbidden island and put them away. Swallow hard, because the prices are pretty spectacular these days. You can find them, somewhat reasonably priced, if you look. In a perfect world, I'd say get a box of H.Upman 'Sir Winston' but they are rare as hens teeth, and probably more expensive than gold. I'd think a nice 50 cab of RASS, or a couple SLB's of Bolivar Belocoso Fino's, H,Upmann #2's, or even Monte #2's would age wonderfully, and give you some taste evolution as time went on.

As they say, one man's opinion......
What he said 😊

Aged Chateau Fuente SG are pretty damn hard to beat. Same with 858SG or even the Rosados.