• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow - AW281E, Wineadors.com & CP

BigBear

Never Mistake Kindness for Weakness!!
I never thought it would happen... I've filled 4 humidors since September of last year.
So, to accommodate the results of my newly growing hobby, I've pulled the trigger on a NewAir unit.
Even more exciting to me...?? I just placed my order for the custom drawers that I'll be putting in her, from Forrest, what a true professional.
I truly hope he doesn't get many people like me being as picky (ignorant...lol) as I can be when it comes to something like this.
I can only sing to his patience (trust me, you don't want me to).

As soon as I get the wineador all setup, I'll share some pics & such.

Anyway, after being on CigarPass for only a few months I can truly say it is the best spot on the internet.
The things I've read here, the great BOTL that I've met, I couldn't have learned the ever-growing information I have so far, in such a short time anywhere else with such fair ease.
I only hope I can continue to learn & occasionally assist other BOTL/SOTL, as I have & as has been done for me here on Cigar Pass.
Huge Thanks to all of you, Brothers (& Sisters), who make up this great & valuable site!!

Ok, with that crap out of the way, Who the hell knows how or if I remove the metal rail holders in the front of each slot in the Winadore...lol  :whistling:

BigBear said:
I never thought it would happen... I've filled 4 humidors since September of last year.
So, to accommodate the results of my newly growing hobby, I've pulled the trigger on a NewAir unit.
Even more exciting to me...?? I just placed my order for the custom drawers that I'll be putting in her, from Forrest, what a true professional.
I truly hope he doesn't get many people like me being as picky (ignorant...lol) as I can be when it comes to something like this.
I can only sing to his patience (trust me, you don't want me to).

As soon as I get the wineador all setup, I'll share some pics & such.

Anyway, after being on CigarPass for only a few months I can truly say it is the best spot on the internet.
The things I've read here, the great BOTL that I've met, I couldn't have learned the ever-growing information I have so far, in such a short time anywhere else with such fair ease.
I only hope I can continue to learn & occasionally assist other BOTL/SOTL, as I have & as has been done for me here on Cigar Pass.
Huge Thanks to all of you, Brothers (& Sisters), who make up this great & valuable site!!

Ok, with that crap out of the way, Who the hell knows how or if I remove the metal rail holders in the front of each slot in the Winadore...lol  :whistling:
Daryl, let me start out by saying congrats on the wineador. I can assure you that Forrest does a fabulous job and It is
well worth the wait !!! I love to see members not only 'update' the storage due to the mass quantity on cigars one starts to acquire, but then to help out Forrest (which is easy to do  :whistling: ) with some of those custom drawers....icing on the cake !

As for the little (plastic) tabs in each slot at the front...I just took a 'Flat-head' screw driver with a thicker head on it, lined it up in the little notch, and gave it a gentleman's hit with the other hand. They all popped off like pop-corn. May be the 'cave-man' way, but it worked flawlessly for me.  I would be curious as to hear from others though to see what they did, because this puzzled me with my wineador at first as well. Good luck brother.  :thumbs:

ETA: If I remember correctly, I pried on one with needle nose pliers for a while with the excessive use of  profanities and even making up my own words...

Set-In-Stone said:
As for the little (plastic) tabs in each slot at the front...I just took a 'Flat-head' screw driver with a thicker head on it, lined it up in the little notch, and gave it a gentleman's hit with the other hand. They all popped off like pop-corn. May be the 'cave-man' way, but it worked flawlessly for me.  I would be curious as to hear from others though to see what they did, because this puzzled me with my wineador at first as well. Good luck brother.  :thumbs:

ETA: If I remember correctly, I pried on one with needle nose pliers for a while with the excessive use of  profanities and even making up my own words...

That's what I was leaning towards, but I wanted to see what the common consensus was to ensure I didn't do any damage.
Thanks for the good words Bro... I'll agree about Forrest, from my pre-sales experience to the work on his site & the recommendations from others... He is living up to the hype well.

Congrats on the new purchase! I have the same unit, infact I started filling it today. I did the same thing with my tabs, they're glued in there pretty good so I just popped them off with a flat head screwdriver. I didn't take all of them off, just the ones where the drawers slide in. Good luck on getting it all set up and post pics when you have it set up.

BigBear said:

That's what I was leaning towards, but I wanted to see what the common consensus was to ensure I didn't do any damage.
Thanks for the good words Bro... I'll agree about Forrest, from my pre-sales experience to the work on his site & the recommendations from others... He is living up to the hype well.

This was not the experience I had with Forrest at all. I ordered my drawers from him on December 10th, 2013 and I'm still waiting on them (they have been shipped and are supposed to arrive on the 12th). This guy takes days if not weeks to answer an E-Mail and some times doesn't even bother to until you E-Mail him again. I'm quoting his words from the E-Mail he sent me right before I placed my order "normal lead time is approx 5 weeks. RUSH orders ($65) are about 2 weeks." Now, we all know how to do math here and approximately 5 weeks meant that my drawers should've been ready on January 17th.

The reason I decided to write about this here instead of starting a new topic is because I decided to do business with Forrest after reading this thread. Maybe I should've payed the outrageous $65 rush fee. I just wanted to let other members know about my experience because if I had read about the way he is conducting business now maybe I would've known what I was getting myself into instead of expecting the great customer service everyone speaks of.

I know that some of you might be his friend and might have had a good experience with him but please do not take this personally as I can only speak for myself.

ETA: For spelling.

This is timing that I can't even begin to explain.  I was just about to start a thread about drawers that I am looking into for MY brand new AW281E.  Got it a few weeks back and am now ready to fill after my old (5 years) Newair died. I have done a ton of research here and was ready to ask opinons again. 

Winadors.com was one was going to ask on.  I read the entire thread of Forrest's post a few years ago.  So it scares me to hear this.  Is he just over whelmed right now?  Did he respond to you yet?

Modo, the funny thing is that I actually purchased 3 brand new AW281E and was planning on adding these drawers into all of them. Thank god I decided to only buy these things for one just to see how they looked in person and then I was going to go ahead and place another order for the other 2. If he is so over whelmed as to not being able to answer an E-Mail for weeks or complete an order in a timely fashion then he should either get more help, stop taking orders or get out of the business. He sent me the shipping information of my order and it is supposed to arrive on the 12th of this month.

Just today a friend of mines told that he went through the same old deal and he didn't even know I ordered from Forrest too and that is why I decided to go ahead and write my original post because obviously this is not a single incident with just me.

Consistency of delivery, and responses to communications do not seem to be a strong suit of his.

I have never heard of any problems with the quality of his work. While I have trays rather than drawers, it appears that his pricing for his product is very decent.

This sort of thing is often common with custom builders of various items. I don't care if it is custom tube amps, custom guns, custom car work, etc. it runs throughout most custom builders.

Plus, you never really know what is going on in someone's personal life that they don't want to spread around publicly. He could have had a heart attack, cancer, divorce, sickness of a family member, and so on.

We're used to clicking on a link and it showing up at our door in three days or so.

Hell, I had a large deck rebuild - only the surface planks and handrail of cedar were redone, all the substructure was treated and everything treated remained. The carpenter said two weeks, so I allowed five. Took him 14 weeks. Annoying as hell, really frustating. But, the end product is gorgeous and everybody compliments how good it looks and how great a job he did.

I suspect that the situation with Forrest will turn out the same for you. I sure hope it does,

whylieineedacigar said:
because obviously this is not a single incident with just me.
Not just you, just about everybody as near as I can tell. If he has ever gotten anything out quickly, I have never heard about it.

it is what it is.

I don't mind that it took him about triple the amount of time that he said it would take. What I really do not like is to feel as if I have to be babysitting and asking him for something I payed my hard earn money. Now, if he was a friend of mines or maybe even someone I spoke to here in CP perhaps I wouldn't feel this way. But all I see him is as a business person providing a service to me as a customer, nothing more nothing less. It does not matter what life throws your way and you do not need to explain your personal business to me but an E-Mail only takes about 2 minutes to answer and telling a customer "I apologize for the delay and such and such" is good business practice no matter what kind of business you are in.

I'm pretty sure he is doing this for profit and not for "fun" so he should behave as a business owner and provide customer service to his customers which is a big part of the business. This is not a favor he is doing for me.

Apologies for all the rant, but there is no excuses for bad customer service and I do not care if you are the King Kong of custom work, that should not outweigh the fact of the matter. As I previously stated, I posted this because people should know both sides of the coin before making a decision because I have only read good things about this gentleman and nothing else. If someone else had posted something like this then I would have known what I was getting myself into.

Ok, I start following this thread, it gets me interested, I check it out, I go look on ebay and I just bought one for a whole $81 ( no shit ).

Don't know who Forrest is yet unless it's Gump, so I will wait till it's here and running before I consider to pursue Forrest and his wares. I don't like being put off and not being told up front. Bad business.

Udder dan dat, I'm excited as hell.

You made the right choice. When I first joined CP I was looking into getting a big wooden cabinet in the 3,000 cigar range or so. I ended up buying it but the seller never delivered it and gave me the money back (there was an issue about the truck not being able to deliver to my address).

On black Friday Amazon had a deal for $180 with free shipping on these AW281E so I ended up getting 3 units. After reading so many negative reviews about the way these were shipped I was a bit worried but they arrived in perfect condition. I have 3 pounds of Heartfelt beads in each (yes, overkill but I rather have more than less), 2 of them have the %65 beads and the other has 70%. As many have pointed out here, Heartfelt does have great customer service.

It has been cold and I haven’t had the need to connect my units yet, so far so good. Let’s see how the summer goes.

Yes, I placed my order on December 10th, 2013 and it finally arrived on April 12th, 2014. I must say, this guy sucks at customer service but his craftsmanship is really nice. If you don't mind waiting 5 months then go ahead and order.

I got my order last year in March. I was told it would take about 6 weeks but in fact it took closer to 8. What I received was top notch quality but I did have some issues with him communicating. What worked best for me was constantly emailing him till I got a response, squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess. I have heard of other people having issues with him but other than it taking a bit longer I am happy with the purchase.

Well, 2 weeks over the delivery date wasn't so bad. I was told mines would come in 5 weeks and I got them in 4 months :laugh:

A friend of mine ordered 8 drawers for two wineadors, I told him that he "has" to pay for the expedited shipping, he paid it, and received his order within 2 weeks...

whylieineedacigar said:
Well, 2 weeks over the delivery date wasn't so bad. I was told mines would come in 5 weeks and I got them in 4 months :laugh:
Yeah that's not acceptable, especially with the lack of communication. Sorry to hear that happened.