• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow no active Nascar threads

PJ the Comic

Official Illusione Whore
I can't believe that no one here is talking NASCAR.
Darlington was okay, but what about them Hendricks cars? Top 6 I think this week. That company has something figured out....for the past 3 years is all.

PJ

A Lions fan is not seriously giving any other sport grief..........are they. :sign:

LOL

Jeff Burtons team wins the Pit Crew Challenge and now has first pick of pit stalls for the All Star race!
It must be "old man month" in racin'. Mark Martin wins the Southern 500 and Burton's team steps up on the home court!

PJ

PJ

I used to go to all three races in Charlotte, every year, until 2001. The Daytona 500 of that year was the last race I've ever watched and I was a through and through race face. I just wasn't one of those people that could immediately start pulling for Junior after his Dad died. For me, NASCAR died that day also. :(

Nice, isn't it.

PJ

Good thing I suppose that we got noobs to bring new life to the place then! :p

PJ

I used to go to all three races in Charlotte, every year, until 2001. The Daytona 500 of that year was the last race I've ever watched and I was a through and through race face. I just wasn't one of those people that could immediately start pulling for Junior after his Dad died. For me, NASCAR died that day also. :(

That was a traumatic day for a lot of folks. We were not even diehard fans yet and we recognized the importance of that event. Once we started going to the races here in Vegas we got hooked. I understand why it is the biggest spectator sport in the country. I guess we will have to get AVB to a race in person and turn him to the dark (redneck) side!
Can't find a more family friendly way to spend a day IMHO.
PJ

PJ
Guess you've never been to a race in "true" NASCAR country then. Where back in the day, the Earnhardt fans and Gordon fans would cuss each other, throw things at each other, and just make life miserable if your guy was behind theirs. I hate NASCAR became a pure money maker in the eyes of Bill France and his son. Taking away races that had been at the Rock, NCMS, Darlington....all true race havens, and bastardized the sport in the name of money sending their races to Phoenix, Las Vegas, and so on, leaving racetracks here that had held races and supported the sports for a half century, running modifieds and street stock. I have nothing against you guys getting NASCAR out there, I think it's great for you to experience. But when you shut down tracks in an area where the sport started and essentially revolved around, to make an extra buck while alienating fan, I think it's disgraceful. That's why I couldn't believe it when there was such a fuss when Indianapolis and Daytona lost out to Charlotte for the NASCAR hall of fame. This is where the sport began, this is where all the race teams were headquartered, this is the center of NASCAR heaven.....just not for me now.

PJ
Guess you've never been to a race in "true" NASCAR country then. Where back in the day, the Earnhardt fans and Gordon fans would cuss each other, throw things at each other, and just make life miserable if your guy was behind theirs. I hate NASCAR became a pure money maker in the eyes of Bill France and his son. Taking away races that had been at the Rock, NCMS, Darlington....all true race havens, and bastardized the sport in the name of money sending their races to Phoenix, Las Vegas, and so on, leaving racetracks here that had held races and supported the sports for a half century, running modifieds and street stock. I have nothing against you guys getting NASCAR out there, I think it's great for you to experience. But when you shut down tracks in an area where the sport started and essentially revolved around, to make an extra buck while alienating fan, I think it's disgraceful. That's why I couldn't believe it when there was such a fuss when Indianapolis and Daytona lost out to Charlotte for the NASCAR hall of fame. This is where the sport began, this is where all the race teams were headquartered, this is the center of NASCAR heaven.....just not for me now.

I think I ??? understand your position. In business as well as life we only have two choices, we are either getting bigger or getting smaller. Nothing stays stagnant. The moves by NASCAR albeit controversial did in fact open up NASCAR for many other people on the left coast, turning IMO this sport into the powerhouse it is now. I can see where they would want 160,000 to attend an event rather than 45,000. It seems pretty easy to say we want to keep an event when only half the house is all that can bother to show up for the race. Also don't forget that Phoenix was holding cup events since 1969 I believe. This same thing has happened in all the other sports as well, I now need a mortgage note to take my family to a NFL game, and only the title to my car for a trip to Dodger Stadium.

Having not been exposed to it as kid I really enjoy learning the history of the sport. Knowing that the first race held in Dayton Beach was in 1903 makes this sport, to me, as American as apple pie, and Baseball. I also happen to think that the people involved with this sport on the inside are some of the most classy folks in professional sports period. Never have seen the wife beater, jailed, DUI racer in the paper. Seems an almost daily occurrence for other sports.
PJ

Back when you could actually buy the car that was racing or go to the dealer and get the parts "Stock Car" racing was at its finest. Now it is a shell filled with money, all the same on the inside. If they made it so all you could do was add safety features and tires it would be a true everyman sport again.

As soon as the most important post race endeavor became getting a product on the winning car's roof and in front of the camera, I found other things to do.

As soon as the most important post race endeavor became getting a product on the winning car's roof and in front of the camera, I found other things to do.

For my family having only been addicted in the past 6 years or so this is all we know. I recognize the vast commercial nature of the sport but find it soooooo much fun. We have an infield RV spot for the Las Vegas race every year. We camp out for 5 days and the cars are 50 feet away from our spot during the race. It don't get any better than that IMHO.
The nice part for me is one, the wife likes it, and two it is simply the most family oriented sport that I know off. I have been to enough races to have seen 3 million people, and we have never seen a fight. Now these are the drunkest rednecks you can get in one spot and nobody is squabbin' .You can't go to a girls high school softball game and not see someone fight over something.
Plus it doesn't hurt that the season is almost 10 months long. December and January suck these last 6 years as a Raider fan.

PJ

I have been to enough races to have seen 3 million people, and we have never seen a fight. Now these are the drunkest rednecks you can get in one spot and nobody is squabbin' .
PJ
As I stated earlier, it's apperent you've never been to a race in Redneck country! :laugh: Charlotte is redneck central Bro!

I have been to enough races to have seen 3 million people, and we have never seen a fight. Now these are the drunkest rednecks you can get in one spot and nobody is squabbin' .
PJ
As I stated earlier, it's apperent you've never been to a race in Redneck country! :laugh: Charlotte is redneck central Bro!

I absolutely cannot wait to come to your side of the world to experience racin' old school. I have some friends in Virginia and am thinking about Martinsville. I have never seen a short track race either. Just the cookie cutter 1.5 milers. Dayton might be in the cards one year, but I am working on a vendor for tix to Talledega for October. You may have to come out of retirement to take a noob to a SE race. I wanna! I wanna! I wanna! :thumbs:
PJ

For my family having only been addicted in the past 6 years or so this is all we know. I recognize the vast commercial nature of the sport but find it soooooo much fun. We have an infield RV spot for the Las Vegas race every year. We camp out for 5 days and the cars are 50 feet away from our spot during the race. It don't get any better than that IMHO.
The nice part for me is one, the wife likes it, and two it is simply the most family oriented sport that I know off. I have been to enough races to have seen 3 million people, and we have never seen a fight. Now these are the drunkest rednecks you can get in one spot and nobody is squabbin' .You can't go to a girls high school softball game and not see someone fight over something.
Plus it doesn't hurt that the season is almost 10 months long. December and January suck these last 6 years as a Raider fan.

PJ

Good on ya brother. Any activity that you can spend with your family is a worthwhile one.

I've lived in almost walking distance of the Darlington raceway my entire life and have never been to a Nascar race. Too many rednecks. :laugh: :sign:

PJ

I absolutely cannot wait to come to your side of the world to experience racin' old school. I have some friends in Virginia and am thinking about Martinsville. I have never seen a short track race either. Just the cookie cutter 1.5 milers. Dayton might be in the cards one year, but I am working on a vendor for tix to Talledega for October. You may have to come out of retirement to take a noob to a SE race. I wanna! I wanna! I wanna! :thumbs:
PJ
If you really want some excitement, go to a Bristol race. I'd be happy to go to a race in Charlotte if you were to make the trip out.

I've lived in almost walking distance of the Darlington raceway my entire life and have never been to a Nascar race. Too many rednecks. :laugh: :sign:
Yea, you sophisticated rednecks just can't mingle with us hillbilly rednecks! :laugh:

Greg that is probably why you have developed such a nice cigar review style, you had plenty of time. lol :blush:

Seriously I am jealous of your proximity to one of the the most storied tracks in NASCAR. I never ever got racing until I went to a race. I mean I used to watch the Indy 500 with my dad. I enjoyed the father son drama of big Al and little Al, and the Andretti's etc. And we always seemed to watch the Dayton 500. There is not anything else going for sports IMO in February.
But I have found this to be a very family oriented day. I have been taking my son and daughter out for years now and they enjoy it. Not as much as me, but a day spent with family and friends eating great food, and now smoking great cigars is a fine use of a family day if you ask me. I see why it has become the most attended sport in the USA.
PJ

Congrats to Ryan Newman for grabbing the Pole for the Cocacola 600 this Sunday. Hopefully Dale Jr. gains a few spots in the points race this week........... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Eh...I live in Birmingham and I HATEEEEE the two times a year we have the Talladega race mainly cause of the damn traffic...I ban going anywhere east on I-20 for 6 days a year LOL(yea, 3 days each race). However, I DO think that E. Jr fills a NICEEEE pair of jeans ;-)

Melly :blush: :love: