• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow! Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies at 46!

bluue13 said:

Sucks to see someone who has the resources to do anything, be anyone, buy anything.......and they go that route. Its a shame, but no one to blame but himself. RIP

whylieineedacigar said:
Amazing how must of us do our best to have a better life for our families and people we love, yet these actors have everything and are so destructive to themselves. Bad to see him go, he was a good actor.

As many of us have either dealt with or know someone who has dealt with addiction, we should sometimes think twice before we post in these manners I think.  Just my opinion of course.  We all have a right to feel the way we do on a certain matter.

A lot of times to us it seems like they may "have everything" but being rich and having everything can be quite a lonely place.  It puts you at a distance to a lot of people and many of these actors struggle with demons that we aren't aware of.

We also know that its not as easy as just not choosing the path of drugs and alcohol.  Sometimes they don't realize they're as far down as they are until its too late.

Am I saying he couldn't have made better choices for himself?  Absolutely not.  Is it frustrating to see someone with so much talent once again take this road?  Yes.

A true talent lost and hopefully others can learn from this tragedy and seek help if they're stuck with the same battle.

Godspeed, Mr. Hoffman.

Agreed. 

broblues said:
With all of the testimonials, available education, deaths and available help, there is no real reason to indulge in industrial strength drug use.  It is and was a personal choice.  If he had any real friends, they could have helped him, but in the end, it was one man's choice.  A poor one at that.

BlindedByScience said:

We also know that its not as easy as just not choosing the path of drugs and alcohol.  Sometimes they don't realize they're as far down as they are until its too late.

Am I saying he couldn't have made better choices for himself?  Absolutely not.  Is it frustrating to see someone with so much talent once again take this road?  Yes

...actually it is a choice.  Sometimes it's not an easy choice, but it is most certainly a choice.  Every day when the sun comes up, you get another chance to make that choice...for better or worse.  I have dealt with friends and family members that made bad choices.  Some pull it out of the fire, and some didn't.  But at the end of the day, there is exactly one person responsible for the chosen path.  

Always sad to see talent wasted, a person lost forever.  Godspeed, Philip......

Agree, you know what you're getting yourself into before you do it, yet you still do it.

Devil Doc said:
I understand there's a lot of hot shots of heroine going around in the NE, allegedly cut with fentanyl. You'd think it would make junkies more vigilant. Evidently it does just the opposite.

Doc
Geebus, I never heard that. I used Fentanyl after pretty bad back surgery. It was a patch that released the med slowly. That is some scary shit. I kept it locked in a safe, and only used it a few times. I did research and found out there was a time, when bad patches were releasing too much medicine and killing people. Pharmacist told me kids can die just from touching the patch. I used about 3 out of 10 patches, and then brought it back to the Pharmacy for super safe disposal. I use a lotion now that works better than anything I have tried in about 25 years. A lot safer too.

Damn shame about Hoffman. He was really quite talented. A very believable and natural actor. Godspeed.