• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOW what a cigar!

ads47

Dunhill Estupendos Late 80's

Ok so this past week I had the pleasure of being gifted a once in a lifetime smoke, and was told the only catch was I had to smoke it and write a review. I normally dont write reviews since its hard for me to put in words what I taste in cigars, and I also dont smoke what I cant replace easily (I normally keep cigars like this for very special occasions and to collect).
Today I was supposed to just have the neighbors over for dinner and a nice relaxing evening. Thirteen pounds of Prime Rib on the rotisserie later and all the good home cooked fixins you can imagine (including my signature homemade Georgia Pecan Pie and Pineapple Caserol) and Fourteen people later we had quiet a feast.
After getting everything cleaned up I sat down on the deck to watch the all the neigborhood kids play and smoke a cigar and shoot the breeze with my sister and friends that stopped by.
Well let me just say in short MRN is right (reference page 132 in MRNs book). From the first light until the ashes were burning my fingers this cigar was by far the best cigar I have ever smoked. I cant describe how full of flavor it was but oh so smooooooth. It started off with a nice nutty taste followed by a full array of spice with some floral hints. Towards the end it was all spice and nuts to me. The fullness of the flavor was out of this world only to be topped by how smooth it smoked. Pure white tight ash never needed a hint of touching up and good hour of full wonderful smoke. Again I say thanks to the friend that gifted me this and I will pay you back some day some how.

thanks again man you ROCK.

ads

:thumbs: great cigar

i enjoy dunhill's, too bad we can just get a box like it was the 80's anymore

Any chance you're going to say what the cigar was? Just for those of us that don't own the MRN book. ???

AVB its a Dunhill Estupendos (1985 I think), it was in the subtitle of the thread.

ads

DOH!!! Just bitch slap me for not paying attention. :0

I heard those things suck. I can't believe anyone would pay that much for a cigar. He must have been some loser.

:sign:

Tony Bones said:
I heard those things suck. I can't believe anyone would pay that much for a cigar. He must have been some loser.

:sign:
I agree. Loser and a poser!

ads47 said:
Dunhill Estupendos Late 80's

Ok so this past week I had the pleasure of being gifted a once in a lifetime smoke, and was told the only catch was I had to smoke it and write a review. I normally dont write reviews since its hard for me to put in words what I taste in cigars, and I also dont smoke what I cant replace easily (I normally keep cigars like this for very special occasions and to collect).
Today I was supposed to just have the neighbors over for dinner and a nice relaxing evening. Thirteen pounds of Prime Rib on the rotisserie later and all the good home cooked fixins you can imagine (including my signature homemade Georgia Pecan Pie and Pineapple Caserol) and Fourteen people later we had quiet a feast.
After getting everything cleaned up I sat down on the deck to watch the all the neigborhood kids play and smoke a cigar and shoot the breeze with my sister and friends that stopped by.
Well let me just say in short MRN is right (reference page 132 in MRNs book). From the first light until the ashes were burning my fingers this cigar was by far the best cigar I have ever smoked. I cant describe how full of flavor it was but oh so smooooooth. It started off with a nice nutty taste followed by a full array of spice with some floral hints. Towards the end it was all spice and nuts to me. The fullness of the flavor was out of this world only to be topped by how smooth it smoked. Pure white tight ash never needed a hint of touching up and good hour of full wanderful smoke. Again I say thanks to the friend that gifted me this and I will pay you back some day some how.

thanks again man you ROCK.

ads
Sounds like a great smoke, ads. And what a great review. Although, it's a lot like the review in the MRN book. For those who don't have the book, I quote:

"It started off with a nice nutty taste followed by a full array of spice with some floral hints. Towards the end it was all spice and nuts...The fullness of the flavor was out of this world only to be topped by how smooth it smoked. Pure white tight ash never needed a hint of touching up and good hour of full wanderful smoke" -MRN, page 133

:lookup:

Just kidding!

Say, that wouldn't happen to be the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie oven, would it?

No it would be a Jenn-Air 84,000btu grill all stainless with rotisserie and best grill ever had.

ads

...hmm... Ok, you win. That beats my Showtime. On second thought, can you "set it and forget it"? I CAN! :p

I think I might have to get a cigar book like this "mrn" you referred to. I have no idea about these aged cigars what they cost, etc. Any of you want to reccommend a particular book or is MRN the one (what is that an abbreviation for).

Great review, although I suspect its too expensive for me to even have the nerve to put it on my wish list.

Matt

3059.jpg

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post Revolution Havana Cigars

Author: Min Ron Nee

Available here:

MRN's Book Source

:MMM