• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOW what a cigar!

HOLY $H|T!

I don't think I could enjoy burning something that was $622. I guess that is why he called it a Once in a lifetime smoke though.

Matt

txmatt said:
HOLY $H|T!

I don't think I could enjoy burning something that was $622. I guess that is why he called it a Once in a lifetime smoke though.

Matt
Not for me it isn't, I smoke at least one a week :lookup:

I will never, ever smoke one of those. That is for sure. :(

The prices on AgedCubans.com are... well, for the most part, rather high. As you've noticed...

What a rip! I know a place you can get them for $595 a stick. I like to smoke 'em in the morning while I'm walking the dog. :lookup:

other1 said:
What a rip! I know a place you can get them for $595 a stick. I like to smoke 'em in the morning while I'm walking the dog. :lookup:
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Anyone see the "epiphany toilet" episode of Scrubs? (the janitor put a toilet up on the roof of the hospital)

A crappy $595 cigar might be useful while you are taking a dump (for those of us that don't have dogs), and you could send it down the bowl once you were done to hide that fact that you were "slumming it".

:p

MilesMingusMonk said:
[.IMG]...[/IMG]

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post Revolution Havana Cigars

Author: Min Ron Nee

Available here:

MRN's Book Source

:MMM
so that's the book that is so often mentioned, huh? Thanks for posting it, MMM. I've been curious to see a picture. :thumbs:

blair said:
so that's the book that is so often mentioned, huh? Thanks for posting it, MMM. I've been curious to see a picture.
...as a side note, the couple of copies I have seen ( including my own ) are actually stark white covers with the black typeface, not the khaki beige like in the picture.

MilesMingusMonk said:
...as a side note, the couple of copies I have seen ( including my own ) are actually stark white covers with the black typeface, not the khaki beige like in the picture.

The brown covers are just aged; they read better with a bit of age on 'em.

I once bought a copy, but it turned out to be a domestic copy of 'cigars for dummies' in a cuban wrapper. :angry:

Tony Bones and I each had a Dunhill Estupendo (1985) this afternoon, hanging out on the porch of the cottage in the Adirondacks (mountains in Upstate NY neat Albany) that his parents-in-law own. That was a very enjoyable smoke. :)

moki said:
Tony Bones and I each had a Dunhill Estupendo (1985) this afternoon, hanging out on the porch of the cottage in the Adirondacks (mountains in Upstate NY neat Albany) that his parents-in-law own. That was a very enjoyable smoke. :)
if you ever need to clear some space in your humidor and need to get rid of a few sub $200 sticks, you just let me know ;)

I don't think I can hang with any single $62 stick, much less a $622 stick. I'll just continue to live vicariously through those much more foryunate than I and stick to my $2-4 dollar regulars with an occasional $10 cuban....

Treamayne said:
I don't think I can hang with any singe $62 stick, much less a $622 stick. I'll just continue to live vicariously through those much more foryunate than I and stick to my $2-4 dollar regulars with an occasional $10 cuban....
Just because MO charges $620 for it does not mean that this is a reasonable or even semi-reasonable price for said cigars.

I feel the same as Treamayne here.. Even if these cigars are overpriced to such a degree they should only cost $62 it is still more expensive than I could justify lighting. Hell, I couldn't bring myself to spend $14 on the Opus X my local shop had in stock last week since I had an expesnsive Ashton VSG last month.

I am a strong believer in diminishing returns. I think in cigars this law is particularly applicable. If these cigars were better priced at $311 instead of $622; I would personally trade one in on an overpriced box of AF DCs and have a box of very enjoyable smokes instead of one that bordered on perfect. Just my VHO.

I do appreciate being able to vicariously smoke such a cigar with you fellows.

Matt

First, a huge thanks . The cigar was wonderful, but the company was far more valuable.

Second, this is not a cigar that you justify the purchase of. It's something you buy as an extravagent treat to yourself and to those who are fortunate enough to keep your company.

I can't say the Estupendo was worth the cost of admission. That'd be just ludicrous. But I can say the experience is worth the cost.

To be one of very, very few people who will ever have the opportunity to smoke such a cigar is pretty darn cool in my book. As we sat smoking these wonderfully complex sticks, we joked that we'd probably just put a fair dent in the world's supply. That's got to be worth something folks :)

Tony Bones said:
First, a huge thanks . The cigar was wonderful, but the company was far more valuable.

Second, this is not a cigar that you justify the purchase of. It's something you buy as an extravagent treat to yourself and to those who are fortunate enough to keep your company.

I can't say the Estupendo was worth the cost of admission. That'd be just ludicrous. But I can say the experience is worth the cost.

To be one of very, very few people who will ever have the opportunity to smoke such a cigar is pretty darn cool in my book. As we sat smoking these wonderfully complex sticks, we joked that we'd probably just put a fair dent in the world's supply. That's got to be worth something folks :)
well put. i like that

Holy cow! Great write-up. I think I would make my wife take pictures of me smoking that the whole hour. Man what a thing to say you smoked one of those.

--Josh

Sounds like a great smoke ADS.
A bit expensive for my taste but you know what they say.
"Smoke'em if ya got'em". :)

Well like its been said, its not the price its the experience. It was a gift, and truely once in a lifetime! All I have to say to the person who gifted me with it is, thanks man great smoke!

ads