• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WSOP

Nice!! Now I will remember to not play with you when I see you next time! :sign:

So I am going to be in Vegas for my first WSOP event (event 47 ~ mixed holdem). I arrive in Vegas the 23rd and leave the 27th. If anyone wants to get together at some point during that time let me know and if I am not playing cards maybe we can get together. I am so excited!!

Jim

Jim should be sitting at the tables in a few minutes. Tourney starts at 12pm today.

I'll be following your progress and the tourney Jim....play well bud.

:thumbs:

So I am going to be in Vegas for my first WSOP event (event 47 ~ mixed holdem). I arrive in Vegas the 23rd and leave the 27th. If anyone wants to get together at some point during that time let me know and if I am not playing cards maybe we can get together. I am so excited!!

Jim

Jim should be sitting at the tables in a few minutes. Tourney starts at 12pm today.

I'll be following your progress and the tourney Jim....play well bud.

:thumbs:

What would be the best way to follow him?

LINKY

Whenever chip counts are updated (at least by the end of day 1) you can see if he survived the first day. Also, you can follow the tourney updayes and see what pros are playing in the tourney, and any big hands that may go down. :thumbs:

Well guys I am out. I do have to say that I felt good about my play overall, but made a couple of mistakes that cost me. I had suited connectors on the last hand and bet with position the flop gives me four to the nut flush. I bet 4x times the big blind and the player to my right raises I raise (probably not the correct move) he calls. The turn gives me the flush, but pairs the board. I bet again (again agressive on my part because of the full house possibilities). The same player calls. The river brings a queen. I check and the same player bets I call. He hits the full house on the River, bye bye stepthirteen It was fun and I will play again. At least I won 4k last night :).

Jim

Like a cigar, it's not about the money but how it makes you feel.

come on out to LA... we'll hit a meeting, play some golf and, uh... let's see... smoke a cigar :whistling:

Sorry to hear that Jim but at least you had fun and did something you have always wanted to do. One day I will play a WSOP event but not anytime soon. :)

Did you sit with any of the Pros? I see Barry Greenstein is #1 in chips and there are a slew of other names towards the top including my favorite Daniel Negreanu.