• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WVO Conversion

jfk742

Beedogs are a sign of impotency
Wondering if any one has converted a truck. I'm a carpenter and have no choice but to own a fuel guzzling wallet slayer. My biggest question is if with modest amount of tools and auto know-how would I be able to convert a diesel? Or maybe a few forum recommendations. I want to run SVO, no biodiesel.

TIA,

John

I haven't done it, but there are lots of resources out there on the 'net.

With your balmy Reno winters, you're going to need a heater in the tank, on the new filter you're going to install, and insulated lines. Got a block heater already?

Thanks for the replies. I plan on selling my truck and buying an earlier model dodge or ford longbed p/u. I've been getting more and more interested in the alternative fuels given the economy and current gas prices. It'd be nice to be able to take a road trip and not have to take out a second mortgage to do it.

John

John,

While most of the sites like this one are complete bushwa, this one actually seems like it might improve fuel efficiency. I got the info from my UT CCW instructor who also happens to teach in Sparks.

Sean

Thanks for the replies. I plan on selling my truck and buying an earlier model dodge or ford longbed p/u. I've been getting more and more interested in the alternative fuels given the economy and current gas prices. It'd be nice to be able to take a road trip and not have to take out a second mortgage to do it.

John
Road trips to say...Park City :whistling:

John
Road trips to say...Park City :whistling:

Hell Ya! Just as long as you introduce me to all of your crickets.

John