• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WW2 Tanker Historical Info?

gibu

I have recently been playing Battlefield 1942 and was checking out the Sturmtiger I think it is and the T95/M26. I was interested in them and went to find some historical background on them but have been comming up with mostly nothing. I'm usually much more satisfied with my Googling abilities, I'm not sure whats up with this research project? So far I've just found either photos alone, or forum debates with references to obscure titles. Very little actual historical info. I'd like to find things like numbers built, year entered service, technical stats, and hopefully some historical background as well as some narative examples of actual field performance and such. You get the idea. Anyone with some good sites to visit please point me in the right direction.

A while back I looked up info on recoiless rifles and found more then I knew what to do with. I looked up air liftable armor and didn't find a lot, but what I did find was great. You would think this would be easy as much as the subjects of world war two and tanks is covered all the time. :)

gibu said:
I have recently been playing Battlefield 1942 and was checking out the Sturmtiger I think it is and the T95/M26. I was interested in them and went to find some historical background on them but have been comming up with mostly nothing. I'm usually much more satisfied with my Googling abilities, I'm not sure whats up with this research project? So far I've just found either photos alone, or forum debates with references to obscure titles. Very little actual historical info. I'd like to find things like numbers built, year entered service, technical stats, and hopefully some historical background as well as some narative examples of actual field performance and such. You get the idea. Anyone with some good sites to visit please point me in the right direction.

A while back I looked up info on recoiless rifles and found more then I knew what to do with. I looked up air liftable armor and didn't find a lot, but what I did find was great. You would think this would be easy as much as the subjects of world war two and tanks is covered all the time. :)
[snapback]188235[/snapback]​
right on! BF1942,Vietnam and the Modern Combat mod rock...lemme know when you wanna play! try here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ct/ww2europe/weapons.html
http://expage.com/page/gren13

edited to add links

Also playing BF1942, although my main preference is WWII flight sims - IL2 Sturmovik series ROCKS! (especially Pacific Fighters... Zeros and Corsairs OH MY!)

Anyways, if you want german Tank info, you gotta check this site out
Achtung Panzer!

This site has a huge amount of tank listings, but not a ton of info other than the basics- speed, armor, guns, etc... Tanks in WWII

Or this one WWII Tanks

enjjoy! Off to fly some more...