• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar Adjustable Hygrometer

Nickc

Hey all I know there are many topics out on this, but I was wondering what you all think. Here are the instructions they give, but I am wondering if I should go past just the 4 hours. Please provide me with your 2 cents.

These are the instructions from Xikar:

"To calibrate, fill a plastic soda cap with plain table salt. Add enough water to make the salt wet, but not so much that water stands on top of the salt. Place a zip lock bag flat on a flat surface. Place the cap inside the bag with the hygrometer. Seal the bag and wait 4 hours."

Thanks All

Just wondering if I should follow the instructions or keep it in there longer is all. I am one for following manufacturers instructions, but they are not always what is best. I just like doing things the right way the first time.

Yea that's what I may do. My humidity reads 63 or so with my 70 beads, which I am not fretting, but my sticks are smoking like they are more then 70.... We will see....

Thanks for your 2 cents...

i thought i read that salt testing a digital hygrometer wasnt good for it. i picked up a boveda 75.5% rh pack and tested mine that way.

The manufacturer actually tells you to do the salt test.

I just ran the test on my Xikars that I put into use about 6 months ago. They registered a perfect 75% humidity during the salt test so no need to recalibrate.

Got to say it!

It aint rocket scientist, man!

Search is your friend, if you read the "salt test" thread you will have your question answered! Just a new guy giving you new guy advice.

4 hours will do
24 hours is more accurate, I usually do 12+ hours. If it stays the same 4-12, Its good to go in my book :thumbs:

Got to say it!

It aint rocket scientist, man!

Search is your friend, if you read the "salt test" thread you will have your question answered! Just a new guy giving you new guy advice.

4 hours will do
24 hours is more accurate, I usually do 12+ hours. If it stays the same 4-12, Its good to go in my book :thumbs:

I understand the search function, and I know it's not rocket science. I was simply asking the question to do specifically with this model of Xikar.