• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar Cutter Warranty

KeithS

The leaf spring broke on my one year old Xikar a couple of weeks ago. I get on thier website and it just says to send back the cutter in a padded envelope. No RMA numbers or phone calls just send it back. I mailed my cutter back last Monday (new years eve). I got back a completely new cutter today 7 days later. :laugh:

I don't think I'll ever buy a different cutter. :love:

I had one go through the wash and I glued the wooden handles back on. It never quite worked right after that. It kept sticking. A few months later I was at an event at the Outlaw in KC and they had a Xikar rep there. I told him my cutter kept sticking and asked him what I needed to do to get it repaired. He took a look at it, turned around, grabbed a new one and handed it to me. Later one of the guys working at the shop showed me an add for Xikar featuring a guy who had one go through a house fire and had it replaced. I don't think I'll ever need to buy another cutter. I don't think customer service gets any better than that.

I was wondering about that...mine just broke 2 days ago. I guess I just need to send it on it's way back to the MFR.

Same thing with their torch lighters as far as I have experienced. I bought one about a year ago from Two Guys, and it quit working. My local exchanged it for me (even though I did not buy it from them) to send out for them to get a replacement.

I returned one in where the plastic handle had busted and they gave me a new one with a metal handle. Local cigar store did the leg work and I just brought it in to the authorized dealer. They really do stand behind thier stuff.

I just had a great experience with the Xikar warranty. I bought a twist punch about a month ago. A couple weeks ago the screw inside fell out and I lost it.

I just put it in a padded envelope with a note saying it broke and I'd like it to be fixed. THey got it back to me a little over a week later good as new!

Oh also the blade was SLIGHTY bent on one side... nothing that bothered me as it still worked fine and I didn't even mention it in the note but they replaced the blade with a new one too.

Xikar has some of the best customer service I've ever seen!

my xikar was probably 5+ years old and i sent it in to be sharpened a week or two ago. got a package last night with a new one!

Ditto for Xikar experience here. I had the edge fall off one side. Mailed back per the website, reeived a new cutter in less than two weeks. No hassle.

It is nice to find a company that stands behind its products.

Met a Xikar rep at a local cigarstore event. He was from KC, really nice guy.

Cparker