• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar lighter complaint.

Humidor Minister

I have a Xikar lighter that you push the side to light. The problem is that it looks right side up even when it's up side down. The big problem with this fact is that you now light the palm of your hand instead of your cigar. THIS HURTS for days. :( To replace this dangerous lighter I'd like to find a reasonably priced 2 or 3 burner that in unmistakably held right side up. Any suggestions? :thumbs:

Sell it on EBay and buy a Colibri? Had one for years and never had an issue burning my hand.

Fish

Not knowing your price point, but knowing your appreciation for quality as seen in your work, I would look into what Intregal is selling now.

Lotus, China made, $60-90 range has some very dependable lighters and there are many multi burners, I would stay with the L20. 2 year warranty.
Porche Design $150ish (Guys that make Porshe, though no double flames) Lifetime warranty, beautiful looking.
Bugatti $250 (Guys that make Buggati, also single flame) lifetime warrantly, beautiful looking.

This is not bragging, but I own all three kinds and have never had a problem with any of them. I kick the crap out of the Lotus and it lights everytime. Unlike Colibri, which seems like it was the definition of "problem in flame" I have had good luck with these guys. Also, with Colibri, since they went bankrupt and were just rebought; I would stay away from them until you know their warranty coverage.

I know a lot of guys love their Blazer lighters here too.

Good luck, I hope I helped...jeez, I wrote yo a book :laugh:

Any suggestions? :thumbs:

Pay more attention? ???

That's easy if you're paying attention. :laugh: Just add alcohol. ???

Not knowing your price point, but knowing your appreciation for quality as seen in your work, I would look into what Intregal is selling now.

Lotus, China made, $60-90 range has some very dependable lighters and there are many multi burners, I would stay with the L20. 2 year warranty.
Porche Design $150ish (Guys that make Porshe, though no double flames) Lifetime warranty, beautiful looking.
Bugatti $250 (Guys that make Buggati, also single flame) lifetime warrantly, beautiful looking.

This is not bragging, but I own all three kinds and have never had a problem with any of them. I kick the crap out of the Lotus and it lights everytime. Unlike Colibri, which seems like it was the definition of "problem in flame" I have had good luck with these guys. Also, with Colibri, since they went bankrupt and were just rebought; I would stay away from them until you know their warranty coverage.

I know a lot of guys love their Blazer lighters here too.

Good luck, I hope I helped...jeez, I wrote yo a book :laugh:

Thanks very much. I'll look into all of them. I noticed on Xikars site they don't offer a lighter like mine any more. HHMMM, wonder why?

Buy a blazer imo, they can't be beat. The Xikar folks may swap yours out for different model. they have a pretty outstanding customer service reputation (although this doesn't really qualify as faulty equipment, more... end-user error :D ;) )

If it's the executive, I just make sure the flat side with the adjustment wheel is down and the ramped side with the door, which slides away to allow the flame to come out, up.

But that's just me, I'm anal ;)

I have a Xikar lighter that you push the side to light. The problem is that it looks right side up even when it's up side down. The big problem with this fact is that you now light the palm of your hand instead of your cigar. THIS HURTS for days. :( To replace this dangerous lighter I'd like to find a reasonably priced 2 or 3 burner that in unmistakably held right side up. Any suggestions? :thumbs:

First, tell us which lighter it is

Second, pay closer attention before pushing.

;)

Yikes, I almost pulled a Richard Pryor with one of those a couple of years ago. I have a Promethious that I use pretty regularly with good results and don't mind passing it around for friends to use.

:cool:

Asbestos gloves.

Seriously though, you could put a small inconspicuous dot of model paint on the bottom. Should only cost you a couple bucks at a hobby store for a small vial and a brush.

If you're looking into the Lotus brand lighters, buylighters.com sells them, and I don't think there was one on the site that was listed at more than $60. I think this site is run by the same gentleman as cheaphumidors.com. LINK HERE

edit: added link

St Dupont mini extend has a safety device that wont allow it to light when upside down.This is a great lighter and can be had for around 100 on ebay.Quite a bit for a lighter but I have found that they are worth the money will last many problem free years and you will love it.Only thing i would change on it is the fuel tank is small.other than that it is the perfect lighter,Bill

St Dupont mini extend has a safety device that wont allow it to light when upside down.This is a great lighter and can be had for around 100 on ebay.Quite a bit for a lighter but I have found that they are worth the money will last many problem free years and you will love it.Only thing i would change on it is the fuel tank is small.other than that it is the perfect lighter,Bill

All of the St. Dupont lighters are fantastic I'm sure, but one thing potential buyers should be aware of is refilling can be a problem. St. Dupont lighters can only be refilled from one of the butane cans they distribute, unless you buy a 3rd party filler adapter. I've seen ebayers and other web retailers selling them around the $10 range. They have 4 types of filler valves so you must know which one you need so you don't order the wrong one.

All of the St. Dupont lighters are fantastic I'm sure, but one thing potential buyers should be aware of is refilling can be a problem. St. Dupont lighters can only be refilled from one of the butane cans they distribute, unless you buy a 3rd party filler adapter. I've seen ebayers and other web retailers selling them around the $10 range. They have 4 types of filler valves so you must know which one you need so you don't order the wrong one.

Not sure about the models such as the Gatsby or the Ligne, but my X-Tend easily accepts butane from my can of Vector with the right adapter.

"Second, pay closer attention before pushing."

Trust me, I do now. Problem is, I don't want to. I just want to pick it up and use it. After a drink or 2 it's easy to forget. Fortunately I've only got burned once. Hurts for days.

Call Xikar on their toll free number. Tell them what happened. I am sure they will credit you
with the cost of the lighter towards another. They are good people to do business with.

Consumer Hotline:
Toll Free: 1-866-676-7380

- KiltLad

Sell it on EBay and buy a Colibri? Had one for years and never had an issue burning my hand.

Fish

Thats probably true. If yours are like either of the Colibris that I have owned for years, it doesn't light. :sign:
I kid I kid, but seriously.