• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar lighter?

Nate1977

UNIMPEACH CHAD
I picked up a xikar vitara lighter online, it came the other day , I purged it left it sit and purged it again , repeated this until there was no pressure in the tank,turned the flame setting all the way down, turned the lighter up side down, filled with xikars butane , left it sit for about 30 min ,lit it and it was fine lit it again fine.

I went to use it last night it would not light, so I used another lighter to light it and it lit,so I emptied the tank, purged blew the area where the jets are, went threw the whole process of refilling again still will not light, and I can't see any spark jumping.

Is there anything thing else to try before I send back?

Thanks nate

I purge mine differently. I hold the lighter upside down and purge out the air while the gas stays at the bottom of the tank. Keep lighter upside down and fill with butane and repeat the process till the whole thing fills.

But more importantly, if you don't see a spark, that's a totally different problem that has nothing to do with the tank. Sometimes bending the sparking coil downwards towards the jets can help it light too.

I'd just send it back. I can't think of one Lighter I've had that got better, or acceptable, after tweaking an issue. Those are a bit spendy too, and it should give you flawless performance. While very good, Xikars are not problem free, but the warranty makes up for it, to a degree.

Why do the $3 to $5 Ronson Jet-Lites outperform $50 to $100 lighters in both ignition and dependability? Boggles the mind.

You didn't mention that you turned the flame setting back up...is it as simple as that?

Why do the $3 to $5 Ronson Jet-Lites outperform $50 to $100 lighters in both ignition and dependability? Boggles the mind.[/QUOTE said:
This is a mystery.

Will try to move ignition coil when I get home. Yes madmonk I end up using the ronson , I do have a lotus that is quad flame but only lights on high.
Undegreed yes I tried turning them flame back up.

Tried bending the coil down , did not work so gonna see what i have to go threw to send in.

Tried bending the coil down , did not work so gonna see what i have to go threw to send in.

If you take it to a Xikar dealer they may very well swap it out for you and send it in on their own. I've done that twice.

I have a drawer full of expensive lighters I bought or was gifted. Most work for a few months then are banished to the drawer. I have a Jetline that has not failed me for many years.