• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

xXx

jus10

CP Shipping Guru
Gar:xXx Opus X Power Ranger

prelight draw hints of red pepper molasses blends to come
as usual the start of this firecracker is strong and spicy.
About 7 minutes into this cigar it started to burn unevenly and I was forced to touch this up. This correction caused a medial fisher along the length of the ash foot. It looked like a trick exploding cigar. This is not the way that I like to start a smoke, and a bad way to start. The construction of this Opus was not up to par. The burn kept trying to run away from me. The taste was good but some what flat. I got the normal chili pepper spice but missed the spikes of complexity that I am accustomed to getting with the vitola of this line. the taste was somewhat one dimensional and I suspect that the burn may have had something to do with it. I wasn't getting the right blend of wrapper binder and filler in each puff. The burn doesn't look to bad in the pics, but this is due to me having OCD in regards to having a straight burn and touching it up maybe too much to keep it straight. When I got to the point of the band the strength hit my pallet like strait warm vodka, in a way that stings a bit but warms your whole body. I smoked this to the nub as punishment to it for giving me anything less than what I expect from one of my favorite little smokes.

My overall impression of this tasting is a C+

xXx2.jpg

xXx3.jpg

xXx4.jpg

xXx5.jpg

Just wondering what you keep your humi at? I have found that these smoke great at a low RH. I usually remove mine from the humi about 6 hrs before I smoke it.

This particular stick was in a humi that was at 66%. This is the first burn issue that I've had with this specific cigar. The burn just kept running down one side

jus10 said:
This particular stick was in a humi that was at 66%. This is the first burn issue that I've had with this specific cigar. The burn just kept running down one side
[snapback]280002[/snapback]​
How long in the humi at %66? When was it rolled? Perhaps this is a journey for you. Perhaps Opus suck!!!

emodx said:
jus10 said:
[snapback]280002[/snapback]​
How long in the humi at %66? When was it rolled? Perhaps this is a journey for you. Perhaps Opus suck!!!
[snapback]280009[/snapback]​

Yes they do, please send all Opus to me for proper disposal. :D

I only have burn issues with the Power Rangers when I smoke them the day or shortly after I buy them. This is usually due to them being stored too wet. Since these are one of my least favorite sizes of Opus X, I've smoked very few of them. On the other hand, I cannot ever remember have burn issues with my favorite size Opus X which is the Reserva D'Chateau.

I also had a similar burn issue with an XxX a couple of weeks ago to bring in the new year. It was a little too wet and ruined my first XxX experience, but I'm willing to give them another shot when I get them more on the dry side.

The xXx Belicoso is one of my favorite Opus vitolas. However, it is also the cigar that is the most prone to have burn problems and the most prone to burn hot. I keep mine between 60% and 65% and I still have the occasional burn problem with these. I keep smoking the little suckers, though. :p I like'em.

I love opus, but I agree about the XxX having MAJOR burn problems. If I know I'm going to smoke and opus I pull it out of the cooler and let it "sit" all day. Also maybe the oily wrapper being so oily makes it hard to burn even.

ugh! I have 6 of these bad boys just waiting to be smizoked.
Good to know about the burn problems before I do, so I can take one out and let it sit before I try to smoke it.

I smoked one of these yesterday as well. I thought it was great. It did want to run a bit towards the end.

The only way I know to keep a xXx from getting all crazy is to smoke it SLOOOOOOOOOOWLY... :) Just puff on it nice and gently and it will reward you...every time. :thumbs:

-Fetter

hmm... I've burned a box of xXx (LOVE these things) and they all did fine for me. Guess I'll have to find more to run some tests... :laugh:

Holy Shitake mushrooms I just smoked my first one :)
I fired one up when I got home from work today.
It was a true spice fest. I will try another when I get out of my noob status.
I must say it by far the most powerful cigar I have smoked yet.

They are one of the strongest cigars out there in my opinion :D

fetterjohn said:
The only way I know to keep a xXx from getting all crazy is to smoke it SLOOOOOOOOOOWLY... :) Just puff on it nice and gently and it will reward you...every time. :thumbs:

-Fetter
[snapback]280181[/snapback]​

I just finished my first. How could you not smoke it slowly!? :D I took it out of the humi before I went to work. They have been resting at 64-66% for a few weeks now. Still had a burn issue. It ran back one side like there was a thin trench in the binder and the wrapper was following it. I did fix it a few so it wouldn't get too out of hand, but the cigar itself was praiseworthy. With the exception of the first half dozen puffs, which made me think I was being hit with pepperspray, it was remarkably balanced for such a short full bodied cigar.

n

I'm having one of these after work today, in about 30 minutes. I'll take it out of my travel humi now.

I cant' say that I've ever smoked an XxX before. We'll see how it goes.