• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Y’all got any more of them spices?

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
So recently I smoked a Partagas Spanish Rosado and it had very heavy notes of - I guess I would call them - baking spices. Nutmeg and anise were the two most prominent. Anyway, I really enjoyed that and haven’t ever had anything similar to it. Anyone have any recommendations of similar flavor profile sticks?

Yeah, it's a vague description I usually use out of laziness. In an actual review one should try to be more precise.

For me baking spices usually means a mix of nutmeg, cinnamon, and malt. As far as anise goes, CAO Brazilia was one I remember for anise.

Many cigars have these flavors but some feature them. Stronger cigars tend to overwhelm these more delicate flavors and Cubans often have a cinnamon/nutmeg component.

One NC I smoke that I get this from is illusione Fume d'Amore.

Yeah, it's a vague description I usually use out of laziness. In an actual review one should try to be more precise.

For me baking spices usually means a mix of nutmeg, cinnamon, and malt. As far as anise goes, CAO Brazilia was one I remember for anise.

Many cigars have these flavors but some feature it. Stronger cigars tend to overwhelm these more delicate flavors and Cubans often have a cinnamon/nutmeg component.

One NC I smoke that I get this from is illusione Fume d'Amore.
Right on, I was actually considering picking up a CAO Brazilia tomorrow, I’ve heard a few people mention it being a good smoke now. I’ll look into the illusione as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Search for other rosado wrapper cigars. As for spices. If spices you are after, try Fuente Opus X, Fuente Don Carlos, for those smokes with more kick. The Brazilia, I consider to be one of those smokes. More kick, and or darker flavor profile. If what appealed to you was the smoothness of the Partagas Rosado, find Fuente Magnum Sungrown Rosado, Padron 1964, Any cigar made with Aganorsa leaf. Some of the Aganorsa leaf cigars can be a great combo of smoothness and strength. Some can have a darker flavor profile. Personally, I gravitate to the sweet/spice side of things with smoothness. Everyone’s tastes differ. The only way you know is to try. I don’t get guys who prefer cigars that taste like you were chewing on potting soil, or who seek cigars that are nicotine/strength bombs with little to no change. Many Cubans hit my personal sweet spot, but so do many great NC’s.

I would add Ashton Symmetry to your try list.

As well as Tatuaje Havana (Angeles) or similar thinner ring gauge.

Stick to Coronas, Petite Coronas, or Corona Extra/Gorda sizes to find more flavor. The flavor shines brighter in smaller ring gauge cigars. IMHO.

C

Last edited:
Fuente Sungrown Rosado R44 - best of the line, IMHO. Complex flavors, great body.

It's funny that we love to suggest cigars in a forum. I guess for me it's half vicarious enjoyment and half nurture.

Thank you both! The smoothness of the Spanish rosado was very enjoyable. And I agree, I think many of the cigars that I fell in love with recent have had ring gauges in the mid to lower 40s.

I’d like to try a few lanceros sometime but my limiting factor is my storage. I have a 25 count glass top and a 18-20 humijar that only holds toro or smaller. I’m gonna have to rock these for at least six months until corporate (wife) forgets the purchase 🤣

I’ll spend sometime looking into your recommendations. I appreciate everyone time here at CP!

A
Thank you both! The smoothness of the Spanish rosado was very enjoyable. And I agree, I think many of the cigars that I fell in love with recent have had ring gauges in the mid to lower 40s.

I’d like to try a few lanceros sometime but my limiting factor is my storage. I have a 25 count glass top and a 18-20 humijar that only holds toro or smaller. I’m gonna have to rock these for at least six months until corporate (wife) forgets the purchase 🤣

I’ll spend sometime looking into your recommendations. I appreciate everyone time here at CP!
A plain tupperware container works just as well. Throw a 68% boveda in there and you've got a $5 humi. If your wife is like mine you can hide it in the kitchen because she can't cook for shit.

A

A plain tupperware container works just as well. Throw a 68% boveda in there and you've got a $5 humi. If your wife is like mine you can hide it in the kitchen because she can't cook for shit.
I might do that. I’m assuming as long as it’s air tight and doesn’t stink it should work. Maybe through some cedar in the bottom.

I might do that. I’m assuming as long as it’s air tight and doesn’t stink it should work. Maybe through some cedar in the bottom.

Now you're rolling. Cedar is a must for airtight containers, and you'll need to turn the air over every couple of months to avoid ammonia buildup.

A

Ummm... doesn't your wife have a lot of guns?