• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yankees suck Thread

Oderint, dum metuant.

Ahem! 10 to 1. Bosox

Doc.
Ahem....2 out of 3, and we win the match-up for the year. Now all you Redsux losers just keep on hoping against hope, cuz you will be done in two more weeks for the rest of the year!!! The Yankee locomotive is on a roll to World Series Town and ain't nothing gonna stop this 195million dollar force between now and the ring ceremony!

Personally, can't say I'm surprised...

Talk about sore winners.

Griffin Whitman, a 10-year-old Red Sox [team stats] fan from Swampscott, was excited to attend his first Yankees vs. Red Sox game Friday night. The young autograph -collector was even more thrilled to score Yankees outfielder Shelley Duncan’s signature before the game. That is, until Griffin read the message from the 27-year-old rookie: “Red Sox suck! Shelley Duncan.”

“It was cool to get his autograph,” Griffin said. “It didn’t make me feel happy when he wrote that.”

Griffin’s mother, Karen, blasted the Yankees slugger’s bad manners.

“This is someone who wears the Yankee uniform and is on the payroll and should be setting an example for 10-year-olds,” she said.

Duncan, son of St. Louis Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, has become a fan favorite in the Bronx for hitting mammoth home runs since he was called up from the minors in July.

Yesterday afternoon, a Yankee spokesman declined to comment until he got a chance to speak to Duncan.

031df67a6b_091507yankautographmg01.jpg

Link

Talk about sore winners.

Griffin Whitman, a 10-year-old Red Sox [team stats] fan from Swampscott, was excited to attend his first Yankees vs. Red Sox game Friday night. The young autograph -collector was even more thrilled to score Yankees outfielder Shelley Duncan’s signature before the game. That is, until Griffin read the message from the 27-year-old rookie: “Red Sox suck! Shelley Duncan.”

“It was cool to get his autograph,” Griffin said. “It didn’t make me feel happy when he wrote that.”

“This is someone who wears the Yankee uniform and is on the payroll and should be setting an example for 10-year-olds,” she said.

Duncan, son of St. Louis Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, has become a fan favorite in the Bronx for hitting mammoth home runs since he was called up from the minors in July.

Yesterday afternoon, a Yankee spokesman declined to comment until he got a chance to speak to Duncan.

Link

While I don't condone that type of behavior, that peice of paper is probably going to be worth like a bazillion dollars in a few years if not right now.

Talk about sore winners.

Link

While I don't condone that type of behavior, that peice of paper is probably going to be worth like a bazillion dollars in a few years if not right now.

Finally we have a player telling the absolute truth and not hiding behind lawyers and everyone gets in a tizzy....... :sign:

That kid better sell it now. This time next year, no one will know who that Sandy Duncan kid is anyway.

Don't look now. 2.5 back.

The Annual red Sox collpase is nearly complete, with the end of summer and the folding up of the summer furniture, so go the Sux. The destruction is imminent!

GO Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent last night at the home of one of my college friends in Burlington, VT and he's a die hard Yankees fan because he was born and raised in Fairfield County (near New York) in Connecticut. His house is decorated in Yankees regalia :rolleyes: and asked him if any of his kids are Red Sox fans (since almost everyone in the Burlington, VT area is). He told me he'd disown them if that happened. :laugh:

His assessment was if after last night's action the Yankees were still 3 1/2 out, it would be tough for them to overcome that BUT if it was 2 1/2, then he said "that would make things interesting" which is a pretty reasonable statement.

The Red Sox magic number to make the playoffs is
so they'll be there one way or the other. With the collapse of the Detroit Tigers, the Yankees will be in the playoffs too, their magic number over the Tigers is:
with Detroit back five games with only nine left to play.

The Yankees finish the season with six games on the road. They have the 2nd best home record in the AL behind the Angels however, they are 38-37 when playing on the road. ;)

The Red Sox finish the season with six games at home (the A's and the Twinkies) who are both under .500.

I was talking with an Indians fan the night before last and they're awfully excited in Cleveland. The Indians are peaking at the right time, they just swept three from Detroit and today they tied the Red Sox for the best record in baseball at 90-62.

Never mind the Red Sox and the Yankees, watch out for the Indians and the Angels. :0 I think either one of these will be going to the World Series this year......

Damn Doc, guess I should have enquired about another series bet.....too bad I was still shell shocked from the last one!

Well, with last night's 12 - 4 win over Tampa Bay, they have clinched their 13th straight playoff season. Yeah baby and GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!