• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Yello cello" from my local B&M~

11138604_10206400802808733_2839304400456185530_n.jpg

My tax refund came in this week---on my regular payday, no less, so I'm definitely feeling pretty flush---and I wanted to do what I always do when I have a little extra money: buy myself a box of San Cristobal Fabulosos.  But they've been on back order here a couple weeks now, and there weren't any on the shelf when I went down there tonight.

Asked Scotty, the manager, if he was expecting them and he tells me "Fabulosos? I've got them." "Didn't SEE them." "I came across a bundle while I was cleaning and set them aside for you." "Bundle?"

He grabs a stepladder, reaches in the back corner of the highest shelf, and pulls out a cello brick that looks like it's been dipped in honey.

"Ooooooooooh."  :love:

Neither of us have any idea how long they've been floating around behind the other stock, but I'm guessing since they opened the new location 5-6 years ago, at least.  The first one's burning silky smooth with HUGE clouds of smoke.  Mmmm hmmm.

~Boar

Awesome luck and a great shop keeper to put them away for an intended customer.

Smokin'Sims said:
Awesome luck and a great shop keeper to put them away for an intended customer.
Exactly why a good B&M is invaluable.  Nice score.

Now that is nice surprise! Where you like a kid in a candy store when you saw them?

I purchased a punch sampler from the Atlantic Cigar Co. website a few months back. I was shocked when a few rare corojos in the sampler had extremely yellow cello. They looked amazing, I never would have expected that from an online purchase.