• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yes! We have no bananas

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I was signed up in Banana land a long time ago and didn't like it there at all. Now we are starting to see people leave other forums and come here and I'm sure the majority of them will be great guys but some won't be. I do hope the members of the other boards will give a heads up to us about their bad apples. While the folks here are pretty good at rooting them out why work any harder then necessary?

Bad apples make good cider. Just gotta squeeze the bastids.

Doc.

Good point Ray.

We watch out for each other here, and everyone is encouraged to speak their mind. We do not delete posts, cover up messes, protect scammers, allow gougers to post sales, etc. Follow our few rules and you'll be fine. Try to change our rules/culture, and you won't last long.

Club Stogie and Cigar Live operated significantly different than CP. We're a true community; not a forum. Everyone is treated like an adult here; no babysitting. This is what a true community is all about. If you really want all of the moderation, please go to one of the other forums that Caputo hasn't bought up yet. Otherwise, we welcome all new members and refugees alike! :)

Everyone here has been great, thanks for that. I am/was completely unaware of any cross-board issues, and am only familiar with the jungle (Club Stogie). Never had an issue over there, don't intend to have one here. Was wondering, could you educate me on the primary difference between this and CS? Thank you for your time.

I'm sure there are other members more knowledgeable, because I don't visit other boards, but we're member moderated, the others aren't. We're also a community, not a forum. We have each others addys, talk to each other on the phone and go out of our way to meet one another in person and generally love one another :whistling:

Doc.

I'm sure there are other members more knowledgeable, because I don't visit other boards, but we're member moderated, the others aren't. We're also a community, not a forum. We have each others addys, talk to each other on the phone and go out of our way to meet one another in person and generally love one another :whistling:

Doc.

And some of us hug trees for real!

I'd say you summed it up well, Doc. I would add that there are no cutesy icons to be awarded, no ring gauge, trader feedback, or any other likewise swag. You won't get a cute little pineapple icon for bombing someone. You live here on your reputation. You must be active to earn one, and active to observe one.

Doc.

I'd say you summed it up well, Doc. I would add that there are no cutesy icons to be awarded, no ring gauge, trader feedback, or any other likewise swag. You won't get a cute little pineapple icon for bombing someone. You live here on your reputation. You must be active to earn one, and active to observe one.

No threads are deleted...and some have an issue with post removal(by the poster).
Edits are cool - mainly for spelling.
The rules are few...but simple and fair.
Oh yea...no gougers, profiteers, assclowns(except CC)...no posers and no dweebs! (Unless it's Friday ;) )

:sign:

Everyone here has been great, thanks for that. I am/was completely unaware of any cross-board issues, and am only familiar with the jungle (Club Stogie). Never had an issue over there, don't intend to have one here. Was wondering, could you educate me on the primary difference between this and CS? Thank you for your time.

What our fearless leader said:

Good point Ray.

We watch out for each other here, and everyone is encouraged to speak their mind. We do not delete posts, cover up messes, protect scammers, allow gougers to post sales, etc. Follow our few rules and you'll be fine. Try to change our rules/culture, and you won't last long.
Club Stogie and Cigar Live operated significantly different than CP. We're a true community; not a forum. Everyone is treated like an adult here; no babysitting. This is what a true community is all about. If you really want all of the moderation, please go to one of the other forums that Caputo hasn't bought up yet. Otherwise, we welcome all new members and refugees alike! :)

and Doc & Bruce said:

Doc.

Much of the stuff that Caputo envisions is already taking place here:

There are numerous group herfs, specifically, the Annual CP herf held in Vegas the past three years.

We have members that collect cigars and sundries to send to our troops overseas. Not specifically a herf, but generous donations none the less.

We have some terrific B&M members that take care of us with excellent pricing.

Get involved, read a lot, and enjoy your time here. I do.

I need the girl in AVB's sig to babysit me.

Oh man if she was around I would spam the boards...Oh I mean...

Should I leave now? :laugh:

It takes a Village and we have our own idiot. :laugh:

Doc.

Thank you for the education. Sounds like I'm going to fit right in........

Thank you for the education. Sounds like I'm going to fit right in........

You'll be fine, just move slow. Post an intro in the appropriate spot, consider a newbie samplere or two and don't do anything you wouldn't do as a guest inside someone's house.

Thank you! That was the first thing i saw at CL and thought it was a stupid thing and that promptly turned me away from CL- took all of two days.

That was my biggest problem with CS, the mods or culture was extremely baby like. Everyone was scared of being banned, and no one would speak up on topics. And that didn't help, because every thread turned into who could kiss more ass then the next guy.

Doc.

I'll have you know that I've cut down more trees than any swinging dick here.

Doc.

A few extra people poking around I'd say.....

104 guests, 104 members, 10 anonymous members
jy0567, mjolnir01, Google, jorel, Breedy, mustangbobo, mrrt, rawrr, Ugaman72, cajunblaze, northernmoris, Mtmouse, Yahoo, Petthefish, MindRiot, martymoose, siriusstoogie, SyrLinus, silentjon, Dave, bilder, dkprlp, gregor22, Emmo, stepthirteen, wanlail, LouieD, Gary-smoke, Gawl, puffstuff, Shibumi, bigjim3793, rehrlich, xerais, Smokyballs, 4thecrue, buzzed, Keystone_Raider, medic5888, chainer, coreno, PetersCreek, Gregg, LockOut, lutharthegreat, Macion Grey, Nimrod, wasy, indyrob, ddepaola, Kingantz, cigar smoke, Cohibo, ChiTown_Huck, smokelaw1, Dsav101, ridgerunner, Infinity, cbd, beyond the band, DesertRat, Jsanzone23, Rodrigo de Jerez, Rob_k, cabaiguan juan, Archive, junkman_56, FRANCO593, the nub, Smokin'Sims, Eshaw99, badhangover, heffror, carddoug, KeyserSoze, insight, MoeCizlak, shrtcrt, Doc Wylie, elktwin, MTovarez, Ashtonlady, chenvt, OzPod, Ultima83, Setren, Gonz, CigarManDan, Maggs44, ArlinLiss, knuck42, Yeahthatsme, whopper, mugwump, MocoBird, Seanholio, georgec, Fatken, theHatguy, mmburtch, DePixeler, smellysell, The Green Monkey, Ask Jeeves, mysterea, NullSmurf, bigpoppapuff, sack