• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yes! We have no bananas

I've been a member of both for a while, but I'm sure we'll do our best to keep you informed. Problem is a few were banned for speaking their mind or at the very least scared away. God forbid someone have an opinion! So it's hard to come to any real conclusion how many were actually bad people. I will state that their are quite a few "Habanotards" (as a fellow CS poster puts it) over there - some mods included. Their opinions rule and any dissenting opinion is chastised. I learned just to stay away from them, it wasn't worth the headaches.

The good thing is there are a some good people over there, unfortunately a few spoiled bananas spoil the bunch.

I do have to say that while CS was my home base, I'm not overly concerned about the takeover. Whatever happens, happens. No sense in crying over spilled milk. However, I was intrigued by Rod's unwillingness to sell out. To me, that speaks volumes to his character.

Herfed with some Stogie guys from the Carolina's this weekend. The ones I have meet were regular guys.

Herfed with some Stogie guys from the Carolina's this weekend. The ones I have meet were regular guys.

Are you sure? The Field Manual for Identifying Foreign Board Members states:

The Foreign Board Member should be quite easy to identify at a herf. Instead of skin, you will find that they are possessed of fine red scales, which they must shed yearly. Upon their heads, they bear no hair, but a pair of horns, much like a buffalo. Careful observers will notice a bifurcated tail concealed in the back of a trouser leg. They're unlikely to make eye contact due to their pupils being oval-shaped, like a cat, but horizontally oriented.

Finally, those who regularly interact with Foreign Board Members advise that you should carry a locking herf-a-dor with you to social events where they are present, as they will steal your premium sticks and replace them with White Owls and Philly Blunts.
:sign:

Are you sure? The Field Manual for Identifying Foreign Board Members states:

The Foreign Board Member should be quite easy to identify at a herf. Instead of skin, you will find that they are possessed of fine red scales, which they must shed yearly. Upon their heads, they bear no hair, but a pair of horns, much like a buffalo. Careful observers will notice a bifurcated tail concealed in the back of a trouser leg. They're unlikely to make eye contact due to their pupils being oval-shaped, like a cat, but horizontally oriented.

Finally, those who regularly interact with Foreign Board Members advise that you should carry a locking herf-a-dor with you to social events where they are present, as they will steal your premium sticks and replace them with White Owls and Philly Blunts.
:sign:

Classic!!

This will get me off on the road with a smile this morning.

Tim

I've been a member of both for a while, but I'm sure we'll do our best to keep you informed. Problem is a few were banned for speaking their mind or at the very least scared away. God forbid someone have an opinion! So it's hard to come to any real conclusion how many were actually bad people. I will state that their are quite a few "Habanotards" (as a fellow CS poster puts it) over there - some mods included. Their opinions rule and any dissenting opinion is chastised. I learned just to stay away from them, it wasn't worth the headaches.

The good thing is there are a some good people over there, unfortunately a few spoiled bananas spoil the bunch.

I do have to say that while CS was my home base, I'm not overly concerned about the takeover. Whatever happens, happens. No sense in crying over spilled milk. However, I was intrigued by Rod's unwillingness to sell out. To me, that speaks volumes to his character.

When I first joined, I had a name, had around 100 posts, participated in a few passes, and met someone who I am still friends with. I made the fatal mistake about offering an opinion of having ads vs. acting they ISOM's don't exist, and I was banned. No warning, no reason given, nothing. I stated no source, broke no rules, nor even said it was wrong, just stated my opinion in a conversation. Resetting my router and rejoining was an option, but after that I never felt the same. Some real cool people there, but the mods were simply out of control. What the hell is the use of an online community without different opinions????

I know I'm new but if people need to be "put in line" I'm more than happy to help;) Kind of a specialty of mine:)
Seriously though it's been my experience that trouble makers don't last at good places, this being one of those I'm guessing it won't be too bad, they'll straighten up or leave.

When I first joined, I had a name, had around 100 posts, participated in a few passes, and met someone who I am still friends with. I made the fatal mistake about offering an opinion of having ads vs. acting they ISOM's don't exist, and I was banned. No warning, no reason given, nothing. I stated no source, broke no rules, nor even said it was wrong, just stated my opinion in a conversation. Resetting my router and rejoining was an option, but after that I never felt the same. Some real cool people there, but the mods were simply out of control. What the hell is the use of an online community without different opinions????

I vaguely remember this. I had no idea anyone was banned though. I can understand your not wanting to return. Not to defend them, but it wasn't all of the mods, just some of them.

Good point Ray.

We watch out for each other here, and everyone is encouraged to speak their mind. We do not delete posts, cover up messes, protect scammers, allow gougers to post sales, etc. Follow our few rules and you'll be fine. Try to change our rules/culture, and you won't last long.

Club Stogie and Cigar Live operated significantly different than CP. We're a true community; not a forum. Everyone is treated like an adult here; no babysitting. This is what a true community is all about. If you really want all of the moderation, please go to one of the other forums that Caputo hasn't bought up yet. Otherwise, we welcome all new members and refugees alike! :)
This is why CP is the only cigar forum I ever joined. Its the only one I need. The people are friendly and the community, as a whole, is very insightful and generous.

As the saying goes, I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week.

I stumbled across CPass some years back, pure luck, and never went to the other boards because this one provided the community, comradery, and just plain fun that I sought in an online cigar communitiy.

I don't know anything about these other boards simply because I never had a need to look elsewhere. So, I humlby thank Rod and all those who make CigarPass what it is.

I am confident in this community and its viability in the midst of impact on other boards. Besides, some of the fun is watching what happens to the dumbasses who try to step in here and not follow the rules.

Thanks,

Cparker

There are a lot of people out there that got banned from CS for no reason. The mods there did a shit job.