• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yo! AVB!

MaxNoodle

I am that which is.
I was at the liquor store tonight and I wanted to get a bottle of blended scoth for friends over the holidays and they had Johnnie Walker Black on sale so I bought it. Is this a good blend. Is there someting better?? I also bought another bottle of Balvenie 12yo...good stuff!

Thanks for all of your advice!

~ t

Different people like different things, but for my money, JW Black Label is the best blended Scotch out there. Smooth, smokey, flavorful, and very, very consistent. Only hard liquor I drank for nearly a quarter century . . . then AVB and a few others introduced me to single malts and good bourbons!

~Boar

It's not the No.1 selling blended Scotch for nothing.

Doc.

Is it really? So I got lucky??
Thanks for the reinforcement!

~ t

Black label is a great scotch. It's my everyday goto scotch. You'll be very happy.

Not to threadjack, but I want to venture into the Scotch drinking world. I'm interested in trying out some single malts. I have a high tolerance and been drinking tequila & Hennessy straight for over 9 years. So my liver is roughly.....25 months, 3 weeks, 2 days from going kaput.

Any suggestions on that single malt?

Balvenie Doublewood, Dalmore Cigar Malt. Great single malts to start with that you won't outgrow.

Any of the Laphroiag offerings, once you feel, aaaah, dissatisfied with the amount of hair on your chest. :D

~Boar

Thanks will do, Boar. I'll check into that tomorrow as well as that chocolate Bock

I was at the liquor store tonight and I wanted to get a bottle of blended scoth for friends over the holidays and they had Johnnie Walker Black on sale so I bought it. Is this a good blend. Is there someting better?? I also bought another bottle of Balvenie 12yo...good stuff!

Thanks for all of your advice!

~ t

JW Black is my all time fav. I like the Gold a bit more, but you pay for the difference. My suggestion is to pour the black in a low ball with 3 cubes and walk away from it for about 10 mins. Something magical happens. It's delicious.

Oh, and add a lime :)

Well Doc almost got it right. JW Black is the largest selling PREMIUM blended scotch in the world. Good stuff but like anything else there is better if you have the cash. JW Red is the largest selling blended scotch in the world. I don't know what 12 yo you got as it could be the Doublewood or the new Signature 12 yo. Either one are good to start with though.

Well, if JW Black is Premium, what the hell do call that stuff you sent around last year, where I drank a shot and saw god.

Doc.

Balvenie Doublewood, Dalmore Cigar Malt. Great single malts to start with that you won't outgrow.

Any of the Laphroiag offerings, once you feel, aaaah, dissatisfied with the amount of hair on your chest. :D

~Boar

Then he can try a Lagavulin to get rid of those hairs on his chest.

No matter how many timesa i try I still can't get the Lagavulin Distillers Edition down my throat. My gag reflex is in full effect around the stuff. :(

Well.......for one it wasn't a blend ;)

Well, if JW Black is Premium, what the hell do call that stuff you sent around last year, where I drank a shot and saw god.

Doc.

Send it to me. AIP. :)

No matter how many times I try I still can't get the Lagavulin Distillers Edition down my throat. My gag reflex is in full effect around the stuff. :(

Doc.

No matter how many times I try I still can't get the Lagavulin Distillers Edition down my throat. My gag reflex is in full effect around the stuff. :(

Pm me your addy and the 3/4 of the bottle I have left is yours!

Doc.

Ray mooching? That's funny...

No matter how many timesa i try I still can't get the Lagavulin Distillers Edition down my throat. My gag reflex is in full effect around the stuff. :(

That sounds like a challenge to me. I'm interested in losing some chest hair also...do I rub it on?

That sounds like a challenge to me. I'm interested in losing some chest hair also...do I rub it on?

It might scorch your skin! :D

Lagavulin isnot a scotch to be taken lightly. The funny thing about it is I've had the 16 yr old and liked it, but something about the Distillers edition that I just can't take.