• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You get what you pay for?

I mentioned in another thread that I was having an issue with one of two identical humidors that were purchased from Cheap Humidors. It wouldn't hold an RH above 60% even empty with a glass of distilled water and Ice gel sitting in it for several days. The second humi is holding steady at 70% with about 60 sticks in it. I'll receive credit minus a 15% restock fee (???) when the defective unit is received. So...they'll sell this as an imperfect? Of course this entire conversation transpired through a Live Chat Window, since it apparently takes an act of God to actually speak to somebody there.
Don't get me wrong here...I was happy enough with my first purchase to place a second identical order a week later. But I'm somewhat aggravated in dealing with them when there's a legitimate problem. I'll update once everything is settled.

There will always be issues from time to time, but what seperates the men from the boys IMHO is how they deal with the issues.

So, I got that cheap $16.99 15 count humi from Cheaphumidors in the mail a week or so ago, and to follow up its kept at 70% exactly everyday :thumbs:

My girlfriend got me a Diamond Crown St James 160 ct for Valentines day,Ijust got it today and started to season it.If it works 1/2 as good as it looks Ill be in great shape!Think she looking for a ring? lolol

Thanks for everyone's input. All were excellent. Right now I have a 1/4 cup of unscented bleach soaking in my 60qt in the backyard. :)

For the same amount of money you could have this
f_Onehumim_3e57781.jpg

complete with humidification device (beads)

I got a desktop humidor 150 ct. (though it wasn't very cheap) and a 150 qt cooler that I share with my roommate. I'm glad I have both, because of the vanity thing and the utility thing.