• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You guys are a bad influence

Les Nessman

Actually, this is why the Mrs. doesn't let me lay hands on the American Express.

This will be our little secret won't it?

I just got this all set up this week. Edgestar 28 w/ the wood shelving. I will be going out to get a new bead container this weekend. I also have drawers on order. I'll post the updated pics once all done.

036ioq.jpg

037ezb.jpg

Hmmm, like most who are easily amused, I usually require some sort of bribery to keep secrets!!

I doubt I'm alone on this one :whistling:

Good looking setup, is the Edgestar working well for you so far?

Hmmm, like most who are easily amused, I usually require some sort of bribery to keep secrets!!

So far its working fine. Weather has been fickle so I haven't had to use it the past couple of days. Ambient temp has been around 70 so even unplugged its had a temp of 66. When I plug it in it lowers the temp to 58 even on the lowest setting. It will be a warm weekend so I should know more.

As far as the unit itself, I like it just fine. I do regret not getting one that would allow me to actually set the temperature instead of warmer/cooler.

So far its working fine. Weather has been fickle so I haven't had to use it the past couple of days. Ambient temp has been around 70 so even unplugged its had a temp of 66. When I plug it in it lowers the temp to 58 even on the lowest setting. It will be a warm weekend so I should know more.

As far as the unit itself, I like it just fine. I do regret not getting one that would allow me to actually set the temperature instead of warmer/cooler.

Consider a plug in timer to run it for a short time a few times a day?

You have 24 hrs to send me a DC#, after that I'm snitchin. :laugh: Awesome selection and storage. :thumbs:

Les,

Nice set-up...but I'm with everybody else on keeping quiet. I'm not in a hurry to get my EdgeStar up and running until I have the trays and shelves. I'm going to open mine up and figure out what to do to install a digital thermostat. They can be had for about $30 at Lowes. I'll most likely get the back off of mine tonight or tomorrow morning. I can promise that whatever I come up with, it'll be as easy as possible to retrofit, and I'll provide step by step instructions with plenty of photos. :thumbs:

Les,

Nice set-up...but I'm with everybody else on keeping quiet. I'm not in a hurry to get my EdgeStar up and running until I have the trays and shelves. I'm going to open mine up and figure out what to do to install a digital thermostat. They can be had for about $30 at Lowes. I'll most likely get the back off of mine tonight or tomorrow morning. I can promise that whatever I come up with, it'll be as easy as possible to retrofit, and I'll provide step by step instructions with plenty of photos. :thumbs:

Sounds good. I would need EASY.

So these things run at ~58 degrees even on the warmest setting?

I have two of them. One for wine & one for cigars. On the lowest setting, the one for wine is at 59 and the one for cigars is 58. These are with ambient temps of 68-70 degrees.

I'm impressed at your ability to stack all those unboxed sticks without having them fall all over the place.

Nice setup indeed.