• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You know........

Lee

We're selling our '90 Volvo and this couple came to look at it this afternoon. After driving it, they asked if they could have their mechanic check it out. I said no problem, when can you have the car back? They said the shop closed at 5pm and it would be around that time. They even called the shop while I was standing there.

Well, it's now after 6pm and no car, no word from these folks. This kind of crap really ticks me off! :angry:

Anyway, I'm giving them until 6:30pm, then I start making some calls!

Bunch of fockers!!!

That sucks bro, I hope they come back theres still good people out there. :(

Hopefully you grabbed that guys License and a Credit card before you let him take off with your car............... uh I guess not.

Don't wait any longer get on the phone and start calling!

BenjieV :D

Wife just called and said they brought it back. They drove it all over friggin town! Then said the mechanic discouraged buying it because the motor is on it's last leg! This one has new everything, 200K miles and runs like a champ! I've seen these 240's go 300K plus easy!

That's just a load of crap. I'm sure that car has plenty of life left in it. People like that just make you want to tie them to a chair and drop ash all over them. :p

They just took it for a joy ride. You should charge them for the miles they put on it!!

Leebo8-9-8 said:
We're selling our '90 Volvo and this couple came to look at it this afternoon. After driving it, they asked if they could have their mechanic check it out. I said no problem, when can you have the car back? They said the shop closed at 5pm and it would be around that time. They even called the shop while I was standing there.
I might as well come clean now, it was me. I crashed my car the other day, and what's a brother gonna do? I need something to drive.

Anyway, thanks for the car man! :)

Yep, they put a few miles on it and said they'll think about it....

I hope they call back as I'll add $100 to the price tag! LMAO

It's a PITA trying to sell a car these days..... :D

Sold my 92 Vic for $750 this fall. had 200,000+ on it. It now has a mexican flag in the back window :D

200K on a 240? It's just barely broken in!!

My step daughter has an '87 with 265K and it runs fantastic. I had to get the alternator rebuilt on it when it went at 255K and the Auto Electric shop said it was the ORIGINAL one and had never been touched. I've NEVER had an alternator last that long on an American or Japaneese car.

I'm not a huge Volvo fan but I gotta say, they are very reliable and they run forever. Hey, it's THIER loss you should be able to sell it to someone else without much of a problem at all.

That was unbelievably inconsiderate of those $hitheads to not have the courtesy to call you and tell you what's up.

Unreal......

Again, the Vovlo fans dream about cars like that and you should be able to sell it very easily ;)

Dude that sucks :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you what, lets get Jolly and we'll hunt them down and stab them all in the neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, too much coffe this afternoon.

Leebo,
Seriously, I haven't met you in person but from our talks and from being around a while I know you wouldn't try to rip somebody off! Just chalk it up to an experience and move on (you're a better person!). And if those dumb asses do come back don't add $100 to the tag add at least $1,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone mention my name?

if you gimme that car of yours i'd gladly stab em in the neck.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Wife just called and said they brought it back. They drove it all over friggin town! Then said the mechanic discouraged buying it because the motor is on it's last leg! This one has new everything, 200K miles and runs like a champ! I've seen these 240's go 300K plus easy!
I bought my '82 Volvo when I was stationed in Germany. I took a train to the factory in Goteborg and drove it out.

In 2000 I gave the car away to the Purple Heart Veterans Association [a charity] with about 320k miles on it. It was still running good. Repair history was 3 water pumps replaced over the 18 year period. I drove that thing all over Europe and the U.S.

Geez! When I read this thread initially, I thought you guys were just a bunch of f**king cheap bastards like I am. But then I read further and realized that you guys are a bunch of ELITIST f**king cheap bastards with your Volvos and what not. :D

Now, I have two new acronyms to keep track of on this board: FCB's and EFCB's. Where will it finally end? :D