• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Learn Something New Every Year Pass aka...This space reserved...

Given that the bat was rolled by Pepin at the Outlaw I don't think it should be valued the same way as the promo cigar. I think it is a pretty reasonable put given the rarity of a cigar of that type actually rolled by Pepin himself. I don't think price is the critical factor here because frankly I assume it was given to Dirick, like most custom rolls are from big names. Just my two cents given the relative difficulty of assigning a price to a pretty unique cigar like that. Now pending any objections I think we are on to Scott!

Hey...where's the contest?

As a side note, and I don't have a dog in this race, but I smoked a Pepin Custom Roll that Jonesy put in my pass for a high dollar cigar. Lemme just say Pepin knows how to make a good one :D.

To go along with Jims theme, our fam and the beginning of the decorating:

img0522wm9.jpg

My son ready for sleding:

img0547gx2.jpg

Happy New Year, guys! Here's my "photo(set)"

Christmas Eve, getting ready for Santa:

100_3628.jpg

And once Santa arrived:

100_3635.jpg

Took me half a freaking hour to get the settings right to get that pic. Still trying to figure the ins and outs of manual settings.

Thanks for the contest!

Wasn't sure whether or not to post here in the PASS thread, or in the other one....so I'll post in both.

Lastnight at 12:15am I lit up an Opus Chili Pepper to bring in the New Year. After some late night "fun" with the Fiance' she decided she wanted to smoke it too!

Here is a photo of my girl in bed puffing on a Chili Pepper!

349349501.jpg

CF10s have never been sold, not even @ Casa Fuente. They have been given away to some members of CF, and they have been handed out at CFC 2008, but that's it that I'm aware of.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-1047

I really hate these type of "value" arguments for cigars like this, because really there's no good answer. Yes, the CF10s are rare... but they have never been sold, and thus have no MSRP. Then you'd have to just made a judgement call regarding rarity vs. price, etc. etc.

If it were my pass, I'd allow the CF10 <-> Padrón family blend cigar put/take, but I'm pretty lenient... and it's not my pass (as has been pointed out to me before). However, I also don't think disallowing this put/take is much of a stretch either, based on the rarity line.

CF10s have never been sold, not even @ Casa Fuente. They have been given away to some members of CF, and they have been handed out at CFC 2008, but that's it that I'm aware of.

I really hate these type of "value" arguments for cigars like this, because really there's no good answer. Yes, the CF10s are rare... but they have never been sold, and thus have no MSRP. Then you'd have to just made a judgement call regarding rarity vs. price, etc. etc.

If it were my pass, I'd allow the CF10 <-> Padrón family blend cigar put/take, but I'm pretty lenient... and it's not my pass (as has been pointed out to me before). However, I also don't think disallowing this put/take is much of a stretch either, based on the rarity line.
That's why I couldn't figure out what someone could really put for that cigar.

It's done, I will have this on the road on Friday!

Andrew I think that is the same problem everyone dealt with trying to figure out that stick and I agree, the value arguments suck. Brad is right that this is done and there is no emo battle to be had, but I want to clarify my thoughts on this subject. For me as a pass host, it is NEVER about the passer (or my wants) and always about what I consider the critical question of "To the guy down the road looking for a reference in an otherwise objective situation, is this the right trade or is it somehow off?" I have absolutely allowed sticks to be put that I hate when they were a good match for the take in terms of price and rarity, I promise. To my mind rarity is the most critical factor in any one-off sticks like the CF10 and are others like it. What I mean is, if I wanted to get another Padron Reserva it would be much easier than finding another CF10 at this point and that is just a fact. Another that comes to mind is a stick like the Don Carlos Senior Blend, even the AF 13 or some of the other one off fuentes (even the VSG ER at this point). I think the same would be true for many of the cuban humi sticks/out of production (or aged) stock. Although they may not be exorbitantly expensive, like the 70s monte tubos or even the La Escepcion in the pass, putting most current release sticks that just cost a lot wouldn't really be a good match. In these more extreme cases I think it is more difficult to make up for rarity in price. My point is that in terms of historical record, I want the books to make sense. I don't want someone down the road saying (obv. imaginary example) "Well someone put an Opus Lancero for a CF 10 here, and someone put a God of Fire for an Opus Lancero here, and someone put a Padron 1926 #1 for a God of Fire.... so a Padron 1926 #1 is a good put for the CF 10". One of the toughest thing about running passes is saying shit like this and making judgment calls when you know it will irk your friends. Brad is one of my favorite people on the board. I would give him just about any stick he asked me for without question if it was in my power to do so. Thats what I meant when I said it is NEVER about the passer and always about the precedent it sets.

Andrew I think that is the same problem everyone dealt with trying to figure out that stick and I agree, the value arguments suck. Brad is right that this is done and there is no emo battle to be had, but I want to clarify my thoughts on this subject. For me as a pass host, it is NEVER about the passer (or my wants) and always about what I consider the critical question of "To the guy down the road looking for a reference in an otherwise objective situation, is this the right trade or is it somehow off?" I have absolutely allowed sticks to be put that I hate when they were a good match for the take in terms of price and rarity, I promise. To my mind rarity is the most critical factor in any one-off sticks like the CF10 and are others like it. What I mean is, if I wanted to get another Padron Reserva it would be much easier than finding another CF10 at this point and that is just a fact. Another that comes to mind is a stick like the Don Carlos Senior Blend, even the AF 13 or some of the other one off fuentes (even the VSG ER at this point). I think the same would be true for many of the cuban humi sticks/out of production (or aged) stock. Although they may not be exorbitantly expensive, like the 70s monte tubos or even the La Escepcion in the pass, putting most current release sticks that just cost a lot wouldn't really be a good match. In these more extreme cases I think it is more difficult to make up for rarity in price. My point is that in terms of historical record, I want the books to make sense. I don't want someone down the road saying (obv. imaginary example) "Well someone put an Opus Lancero for a CF 10 here, and someone put a God of Fire for an Opus Lancero here, and someone put a Padron 1926 #1 for a God of Fire.... so a Padron 1926 #1 is a good put for the CF 10". One of the toughest thing about running passes is saying shit like this and making judgment calls when you know it will irk your friends. Brad is one of my favorite people on the board. I would give him just about any stick he asked me for without question if it was in my power to do so. Thats what I meant when I said it is NEVER about the passer and always about the precedent it sets.

Phil's got a good point. The difficulties of managing an objective pass like this with a rare cigar without MSRP can be frustrating. The way Mike and I handled the CF 10 pass was to allow members to put what they thought the cigar was worth, which made the process completely subjective because only one CF 10 was taken by each member and those sticks were then left out of furture pass P/Ts, thus you had CF 10s being taken for Opus Lanceros and AF 13s with a mix of everything in-between. It worked for our pass because of how we had it set up; however, I can see how troubling this would be for an objective pass like the one Phil is running where the sticks can then be taken.

Did I win?
No but very close!

Phil, your Jedi mind tricks won't work us! They are droids, not Beedogs!

Them's contest starting words.

Let's do a photo/video contest.

One post per hour per person.

One photo(set) per post.

Brad, Phil and Anthony will be the judges.

------------Post a picture of your favorite HOLIDAY photo/video - ANY HOLIDAY!-----------------

This will run until 11am EST January 1, 2009.

The judges will PM me their 3 favorites in order of best first. The winner will be the one with the most votes.
In the case of no multiple votes, the winner will be picked from the top 3.

Happy Holidays to all.

Prize:

Opus X DC
Opus X PL
Anejo 77
Fuente BTL
Cohiba Reserva Piramide
Por Larranaga Lonsdale EL

In no order of which judge is which...here are the votes:

1)putzmulligan for his beedog cheer.
2)Cigarman Andy for effort clicky
3) Swissy for family photo

1)Indyrob - Asian Christmas Album
2)Jaybay -Daughter's Picture
3)Tomthirtysix- Son's picture

1) Hillbilly's girls
2) The Opus X-mas tree
3) Swissy's family cookies

The winner is - CigarMan Andy - congratulations!

PM me your address.

Thats what I meant when I said it is NEVER about the passer and always about the precedent it sets.

Sage words there, Phil!

I just got back to town from vacation so I don't even know what happened here so please accept my apologies in advance for chiming in. I experienced a lot of BS in my only pass for nixing some members P/Ts. It's a tall order trying to keep everything straight.

Phil, did the beedog whisper those words of wisdom into your ear? I'm floored!

The neighbor just brought over a package that the post man left on his door............the pass has arrived. I will be going through it tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Charlie, glad to have faith in our postal system reinforced :rolleyes:

Sorry Gents. I was hoping to get to the box today but alas the toilet and bathroom remodel took precedence. I will inventory and post P&T tomorrow.

I am running into some major time constraints due to work (headed to Boise early tomorrow) and as a result am only able to post Puts..........sorry Phil. I have also packaged James' "replacement sticks". I did a quick glance over of the sticks and everything looks good.

Stepthirteen Puts:

156 H. Upmann Super Corona (1998)
157 Tat Black Robusto

Putz Mulligan Puts:

158 Ramon Allones Specially Selected
159 Ashton ESG No. 21 Robusto
160 La Flor Dominicana Ligero Mysterio
161 Padron 1926 Serie No. 1

I will post the DC# later today.