• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You open a full box.

Eins

I use my Swiss army knife and wedge the stick out at the foot. Very careful, with hardly any pressure, but I think there must be a better way.

Which is the proper way to do it?

most I have purchased either have a ribbon to pull on. Or I just grab some wrapper that was put on backwards.

It's easy, man! Just send the box to me and I'll break a few loose and then send the rest back to ya! :sign: :sign: Ah heck, someone had to say it! ;)

Your way sounds as good as any. If ya get it out of the box w/o damage, all's good!

Floyd T. :sign:

Ditto on the ribbon in most boxes. Those without I open, and with the lid barely cracked, flip the box upside down and gently tap the center. Flip it back over and pull out the loosened sticks.

-K-

I've only picked up 3 full boxes, so far. :p

1 had a ribbon.

The other 2 each had 1 cigar, that the end of the cello was folded upwards, kinda like a little pull tab to get the first stick out.

Open the box lid, hold box above head, turn box upside down dumping sticks out on floor (shaking box if nesessary), then dive in and go nuts. :thumbs: :D

gibu said:
Open the box lid, hold box above head, turn box upside down dumping sticks out on floor (shaking box if nesessary), then dive in and go nuts. :thumbs: :D
[snapback]158596[/snapback]​
It's not Halloween. :p

Some of the boxes I've gotten do not have ribbons or cello... so I just roll the cigars like logs until it comes out. Probably not the best way, but whatever works, right?

Mephiston said:
most I have purchased either have a ribbon to pull on. Or I just grab some wrapper that was put on backwards.
[snapback]158581[/snapback]​

I think they usually put one cello wrapper upside down on each level on purpose for the specific task of getting the first one out. The others w/o cello usually have a ribbon. If not use a tool.

My wife has long fingernails, I let her do it. ;)

hmm 1/2 of the boxes I've gotten have had ribbons or cello.
If not, will pick a cigar and lightly push on the head, which will rise the foot enough for me to take it out.

:thumbs:

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
<snip> lightly push on the head, which will rise the foot enough for me to take it out.

:thumbs:
[snapback]158955[/snapback]​

That's a great tip. Just got two of the three boxes I was expecting, and it works like a charm!

I will light up an El Morro To Morro :cool:

BrownDevil said:
Eins said:
I will light up an El Morro To Morro :cool:
[snapback]159348[/snapback]​

GONG!

Sorry, had to say it :p :D :laugh:
[snapback]159432[/snapback]​

In CP language, what does it mean? So far I'm not offended :D

I think he means.............your attempt at humor was gong worthy. LOL.

(clears his throat) I'm famous for my humor. Or is it imfamous?

Anyway, I'm fairly new to this culture, so I don't know what a gong means in this context. Somehow, though, I have a hunch it is something I should not really pursue further.

BTW, do you know the three thinnest books in the world? These are the titles:

1. Italian War Heroes

2. The Jewish Book of Presents

3. 1000 Years of German Humor

:whistling:

golfgar said:
I think they usually put one cello wrapper upside down on each level on purpose for the specific task of getting the first one out. The others w/o cello usually have a ribbon. If not use a tool.
[snapback]158618[/snapback]​

Larry!

clarify or use another word than tool or Matt R. will have (yet another) place he tries to shove his!

:sign:

I appreciate the cigar companies like Treamayne and Mephiston mentioned that have some ribbon or end of the cellophane that you could use to lift the first one out. I bought a box of Partagas humitube cigars and tried to use the string, only to break the seal at the head of the cigar. I fish in there with a toothpick or fork if they are really jammed tightly in there and the extra cellophane part is tucked underneath where you can't grab it.