• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

YOUR BEST, YOUR WORST....AND YOUR DREAM

alpi57

Hello all,

This picture was taken in '05 in a trip to Pinar del Rio to visit with Don Robaina. As we went to his club house which they have built to receive their VIP's he showed off his ash. A classic....don't you think?
Now I have to take a copy of this picture and get it autographed.

P1010127.jpg

Now for the business at hand. I like to take a survey of the following:

1. The best Habanos you have had
2. The worst Habanos you have had
3. Your everyday Habanos
4. your DREAM habanos (you can include your favorite side dish e.g. liquer, situation, woman, etc)

As for mine:

1. Bolivar Gold Medal( hard choice to pick only one, I know)
2. Sancho Panza Belicoso( absolute worst)
3. Taboada robusto
4. Taboada Prominente (from Aromoso Morris tobacco) I shared with friends sitting in Los Jazmines hotel in Vingales, Cuba. It just doesn't get any better. That image has been etched in my memory permanently. I will try to dig up a picture of the view.

Look forward to your responses.

Jon

I could sign a few of these for you. They may be worth something someday.
MonteA1-vi.jpg

1. The best Habanos you have had:
Toss up between 1959 Montecristo #1 and Cubatabacco 25th Anniversary

Los Statos Deluxe (machine made) and lots of other handmades from the early 2000's.

3. Your everyday Habanos
I don't smoke everyday, but most often smoked cigar would be a Cohiba Siglo I or II.

4. your DREAM habanos
A steady supply of late 70's Montecristo #1's, stored impeccably. Chris Wolter's Gold Medals were nice too.

A 98 Esplendido that I had on my wedding day in Playa Del Carmen
A Sublime
3. Your everyday Habanos
PSP2
4. your DREAM habanos (you can include your favorite side dish e.g. liquer, situation, woman, etc)
This is a tough one because I am not sure how this can be done.

Smoking a Cuban Dunhill Havana Club while Giselle Bunchden gyrates on my face. :p

Hi Jon,

Great post! I imagine that is no ordinary cigar that Don Alejandro is smoking. :thumbs:

As for my answers on Habanos:
1. Best: H. Upmann Sir Winston, 2001 (but then I've got Wolters GM and a PSD4 Reserva waiting)
2. Worst: Partagas Coronas Junior tubos (I didn't care for the SP Belis either and it was rough choking down a whole box)
3. Everyday: Bolivar Coronas Junior/RyJ Cazadores/Quintero Brevas (the cheap and tasty rotation)
4: Dream: "1492" (...and it's gonna stay just that, a dream)

Wilkey

1997 Trinidad Fundadores that I enjoyed on the day that my divorce was final

2006 Taboada :(

3. Your everyday Habanos
SCdLH El Principe

Enjoying a Bolivar Gold Medal at a hidden vineyard location in the Santa Lucia Highlands, CA.

:cool:

How is this for a dream place to smoke. (Vingales Valley from the deck of hotel I mentioned)

P1010132_2_1.jpg

P1010134_2_1.jpg

'85 Montecristo Especial

SLR Serie A

3. Your everyday Habanos
CoRo

4. your DREAM habanos
Dunhill Estupendos

Cohiba Siglo IV on the balcony of our bungalo at the resort in Santiago de Cuba March past! The very first cigar I can honestly say I enjoyed.

Guantanamera Cristales. It isn't a bad cigar, in fact I like 'em, but it won't compare to Cuabas, Cohibas, Montes, RyJ's Partagas, etc. You get the idea
3. Your everyday Habanos

Don't smoke 'em every day, but if I could, Cuaba Divinos

40th Anniversary Cohiba (look in CA 2 or 3 issues ago) while relaxing in Havana watching a pig roast slowly on the spit (those Cuban people know how to cook pork) being tended by any girl in AVB's signatures.

Best:
Mid 70's Dunhill Montecristo #2

Worst:
Over-humid, sick BBF

Everyday:
RASS, Party Shorts

Dream:
Bolivar Gold Medal, sitting on the patio of my vacation home in a newly free Cuba, drinking a Mojito.

Great post, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Best:

1988 Davidoff #1 or 1986 Davidoff Chateau Latour

Worst:

Can't think of any in particular, but it was either too young, or too plugged!

Everyday:

Punch anything, CoRos, Trini anything, BBFs

Dream:

1492 or a Boli Gold Medal (from the first release)

Best: SLR Serie A, San Cristobal La Fuerza (actually there are too many to list)
Worst: Partagas Shorts (the fake Cuban cigars I've smoked don't count and I've smoked my fair share of them :0 :laugh: )
Everyday: It changes everyday
Dream: Don Candido Seleccion #506

#1 Your Best

OSU JUN 01 BBF (but this was like 3 years ago lol)

#2 Your Worst

Not including plugged/fake (possibly) cigars, a sick PSD #4 from NOV 05

#3 Your Everyday

Don't smoke everyday, but if I did, it would have to be RASCC's.

#4 Your Dream

Toughest question since I have to pick just one! It really is a toss up between a 1492 and a Dunhill Estupendo.

BEST: RyJ Robusto EL smoked on my 20th birthday...one of the few ELs that was truly worth it.
WORST: The Partagas SD2 and 3 ELs...not particularly bad, but so bland and so overpriced that it actually made me angry.
EVERYDAY: I rotate a lot, but Romeo y Julieta cigars stay constantly in my usual lineup.
DREAM: Davidoff Dom Perignon

Best:
Tang comissioned Upmann Monarch

Worst
2003 SCDH La Fuerza

Daily:
Party Shorts, VR Famoso

Dream:
Dunhill Estupendo

Best
1998 El Rey del Mundo Tainos

Worst
2005 PSD4

Everyday
Trinidad Reyes & Boli Coranas Extra

Dream
No One Cigar, but just in my life to try them all.

I’m relatively new to the wonderful world of ISOMs, but here is what I like so far.

Hoyo de Monterrey - Le Hoyo du Dieux (2000)

Guantanamera - Compay

3. Your everyday Habanos
Juan Lopez - PC

4. your DREAM habano
Hoyo de Monterrey - Particulares LE 2001, with a Youngs’s Chocolate Stout.
I’d be setting on my porch on a warm autumn afternoon, just watching the leaves fall…

Don't smoke 'em every day, but if I could, Cuaba Divinos
Heck yeah Jim!!!\

Amazing smoke...even when customs gives you one up the ying-yang they are still worth the money!

Dream smoke would be a Bolivar Gold Medal in the Casa Fuente Lounge (From what Iam told there are some smoking ladies in there...:))

Worst habanos would have to be a "RyJ churchill" (fake obviously) that tasted terrible

Everyday (even though I don't smoke everyday would be ther RyJ Coronas. Very nice, cheap smoke...

The best: Trinidad Fundadores with old band, can't recall the year.

The worst: It was a Sancho Panzo, roughly a lonsdale, can't recall the actual size.

Everyday: Bolivar PC...just lovin this one.

Dream: virually any well aged premium isom from: Cohiba, Monte, Partagas, Trinidad, HDM etc

1. Best: A slightly aged Bolivar Petit Corona
2. Worst: The 2 Montecristo No.4's that I had. Doubt I'll ever try one again.
3. Everyday: A mix because I have so little stock of any particular cigar, plus I dont smoke so often.
4: Dream: Any cigar from those ever so expensive Aniversary humidors.