• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite band.

some more favorites not occupying the top spot:

Led Zepp
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Jeff Beck
Jimi Hendrix
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Adrian Belew
King Crimson
Neil Young
Cream
The Doors
The Dixie Dregs
Steve Morse Band
Sex Pistols
The Clash
Fairport Convention
Richard Thompson
Miles Davis
Theolonius Monk
John Coltrane
Marillion
Fish
Deep Purple
Rush
Savatage
The Jam
Paul Weller
The Firm
SRV
Rolling Stones
Mick Taylor
The Small Faces
Humble Pie
Television
The Kinks
Dream Theater
Nick Drake
Paul Butterfields Blues Band
Joe Satriani
Rik Emmett
Triumph
early Genesis
David Gilmour
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
U2
Bruce Springsteen

phew :0
Darren

way too many favorites to list even CLOSE to them all, plus I'm all over the board with genres

but here's a sampling of some bands I love(in NO sense of order at all):

Old(er) Stuff:
Stones, Who, Hendrix, Zep, Doors, Frank, Darin, Prima, TOM WAITS, Leonard Cohen, Billie Holiday, Etta, Dave Brubeck, Beach Boys, Otis, MUDDY!, John Lee Hooker, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank senior, Dock Boggs, Neil Diamond, CCR, Faces, Stooges, Pistols, CLASH!, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Anti-Nowhere League, Donovan, Dylan, Sam & Dave, Buddy Holly, Robert Johnson, Toots & the Maytals, Desmond Dekker.............Ludwig Van....

New(er) stuff:

Social Distortion (way to go guys, glad to see other fans here)
Dropkick Murphys, GNR, Motorhead, US Bombs, The Beltones, Bodies, Distillers, Murder City Devils, POGUES, VHalen, Misfits(glenn), Ministry, Hives, Bjork, Tori, Fiona Apple, Cake, Bloodhound Gang, Rancid, Rev. Horton Heat, Tiger Army, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Beasties,........

awww, shit, i like EVERYTHING... :laugh:

Heres a few of mine..
Blues- Robert Johnson, muddy waters, Elmore James, Otis Rush, Buddy Guy,
Memphis Minnie,Johnny Shines, Son Seals.
Jazz- Louis Armstongs hot 5 and 7, Charlie Parker, Monk, Mingus, Coltrane,
Ornette Coleman, Miles.
Reggae- Early ska, Marley, Lee perry, Tosh, Dub, Burning Spear, Roots .
Rock- Dylan, Stones, Clash, Springsteen, Lou Reed, Who, Los lobos,
Beatles, Lucinda Williams, U2.

My current favorites are Metallica or Iron Maiden. Senior year would have been Concrete Blonde, Oingo Boingo or Marillion.

Ken

lol I didn't see that this was my old thread... Nothing to See here :whistling:

Love the classics like Hendrix, Zepplin, the Stones, The Who, Miles (when Tony Williams was drumming), Coltrane and Hancock...

Big fan of the Dave Matthews Band, 311 and Rush.

For those that like hip-hop, check out The Roots. They are a hip hop group from Philly that plays the grooves live (not samples on a record). The back up band is really good and the MC's are killer.

I spent most of my time in university listening to Springsteen. The first time I heard Thunder Road I got chills (I know, I know that’s cheesy ). Now my favorite band is Wilco. They are a great band from the Chicago area. I think I have seen them live about 15 times now and they never disappoint.

Hi TOfan ....
im a huge springsteen fan still....ive been since 1975.
And i also like Wilco...are you a Uncle Tupelo fan?
I use to see them when they started out in St Louis....take care t-bone

I know of couple of Uncle Tupelo songs like Gun and New Madrid, but I don’t own any of their albums. Which ones would you recommend? I finally Greg Kot’s book Wilco - Learning How to Die, and there are a couple of chapters about Jeff and Jay and the early Uncle Tupelo days. Looking forward to reading it.

t-bone-ft said:
Hi TOfan ....
im a huge springsteen fan still....ive been since 1975.
And i also like Wilco...are you a Uncle Tupelo fan?
I use to see them when they started out in St Louis....take care t-bone
[snapback]285508[/snapback]​

my favorite band of all time has got to be the doors. Jim Morrison was a gripping man and their music has changed me. I also like greatful dead, led zeppelin, marley, and nirvana
Bryan

Hi TOfan..uncle tupelo ,have a cool anthology out...its a good collection of songs. Any of there cds are good. T-Bone

TOFan said:
Now my favorite band is Wilco. They are a great band from the Chicago area. I think I have seen them live about 15 times now and they never disappoint.
[snapback]285315[/snapback]​

That's what I've heard about Wilco. I've given a listen to some of their stuff, and never got into it... but from friends that have gone to their shows, they all say that once you see them live, you're hooked. I definitely plan on checking them out the next time they come around.

As to my favorites,
Oceansize is just amazing. Definitely worth checking out. They're a progressive rock band from the UK.
Mogwai.
Pelican... sorta on the order of mogwai, but a little harder. Great band, also from chicago I believe.
Sparta.
Dredg, ever since I heard they were openning for the Deftones, i started listening. These guys are just amazing. Another progressive rock band. I tell ya, El Cielo on SACD is just an amazing experience... especially with a nice stick.
And the band that I love the most... the Deftones. Man, they are just off the charts. Not many bands can dish out as brutal attack on the senses... and follow it up with a perfect cover of Sade's No Ordinary Love.

Slayer or Tool. Depends on the day. Norah Jones is good too. (does that even classify as a band?)

i have to say my fav band if i just had to pick one would be cake...or audioslave or mike doughty...or or or...man i cant just pick one