• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Help is Needed

Ginseng

Banned
Hi folks,

I'm trying to makes sense of some samples of inserts I have from Siglo series cigars. There seems to be some variation that I hope to get a grasp on.

For those who have Siglo boxes handy, would you take a moment, peek at the paper insert and tell me what the black border looks like? Does the black go straight to the edge of the paper? Is there an unprinted margin all around the border? Two rows of dots, right?

If you can take a picture that'd be even better. Please post if you can or you can send me a medium res picture.

Note: I am particularly interested in any differences between 06 and 05/04 date codes.

Thanks!

Wilkey

I have the Siglo II and Siglo VI, my other Siglo's are loose sticks.

Siglo II
sigloII.jpg

Siglo VI

sigloVI.jpg

Hope this helps.

Brian

Interesting - the head on ckeller,s VI faces a different direction.
Mine is from a 2005 box of 10, ckeller, what year / box is yours from?

Brian

Brian

I'm not seeing the head "faces a different direction" part. The code on the box these came from is LLN ABR 04.

Brian

I'm not seeing the head "faces a different direction" part. The code on the box these came from is LLN ABR 04.

Look at the neck and the words it points to! My head is looking up, yours down.
Yours is from a 2004 box, I assume they changed the head position in 2005???

Brian

Brian

Brian

Now i see it. :thumbs:

Brian
That's one of the things I'm trying to get a handle on.

If anyone else has Sigs and can provide shots or scans of their inserts, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll also share my complete analysis, of course.

Here are two specimens for comparison.

Siglo6Sealfakesmall.jpg

Siglo6Sealrealsmall.jpg

Wilkey

SIGLO III

img003.jpg

BTW: Above Sig III's were purchased in Cuba from government store.
Box Code VKE NOV05.

I have a fresh box of Sig VI. I'll post a picture of the label tonight.

The Siglo III head is looking up - strange.

Wilkey, is it possible that two different factories do their own printing?

Brian

Brian

My Sig III picture, looks like the Sig VI picture you posted. Is your box an 05?

They all look different to me. ??? What gives ?

Brian

My Sig III picture, looks like the Sig VI picture you posted. Is your box an 05?

They all look different to me. ??? What gives ?

Senior detective Wilkey will hopefully clear this up. :0

Brian

Well,

Since we have no information from the production/printing operations, the best we can do is reasonable inference. To do that, we've got to gather as much information spanning as many different boxes and dates as possible. Only a fool would try to draw conclusions from spotty data. And I'm not quite willing to be that fool. :D

I will, however, ask someone I know who has first-hand experience inside the Habanos organization. Perhaps he can shed some light.

Wilkey

Well,

Since we have no information from the production/printing operations, the best we can do is reasonable inference. To do that, we've got to gather as much information spanning as many different boxes and dates as possible. Only a fool would try to draw conclusions from spotty data. And I'm not quite willing to be that fool. :D

I will, however, ask someone I know who has first-hand experience inside the Habanos organization. Perhaps he can shed some light.

Wilkey
I think I have a couple of those pieces of paper floating around. I can post them on Mon/Tues.

Thank you gentlemen. I acquired two more interesting samples and will post them this weekend if not sooner.

Wilkey

Hi folks,

I'm trying to makes sense of some samples of inserts I have from Siglo series cigars. There seems to be some variation that I hope to get a grasp on.

For those who have Siglo boxes handy, would you take a moment, peek at the paper insert and tell me what the black border looks like? Does the black go straight to the edge of the paper? Is there an unprinted margin all around the border? Two rows of dots, right?

If you can take a picture that'd be even better. Please post if you can or you can send me a medium res picture.

Note: I am particularly interested in any differences between 06 and 05/04 date codes.

Thanks!

Wilkey
Here you go: click on image for larger image.

Sorry for the curvature of the second insert, but I think you can still see what you are looking for. :thumbs: