• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your mistress of a stick 2019

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
So this thread is for current and future residents here to post their absolute favorite cigar. This may include their ole’ reliable, go-to stick, the one that got away stogie, or even their wife especial.

Be aware, if this does collect members opinions, that I may be used for future bombs, santas, or otherwise. But it is primarily used for the collection of a brotherhood of opinions and stories.

Two categories: CC (you know what that means) and NC (ditto). Post one of each, and if you like a brief explanation why. No worries if you have primary experience in one and not the other (looking at you cigsid). It would be amazing to collect your 1, 2, 10, 20+ year experience in trying different cigars and your tastes.

I’ll go first.

Cc: I do NOT have a lot of experience in this but @CigSid provided valuable info and a few valuable cigars that propelled me in this field. So my top cc is the partagas OISL. God it was good.

NC: this is a tie between my first newbie sampler illusione box press cigares prives and my go to Mombacho Liga muestro for their flavor and ability to retro Hale throughout the entirety of the smoke. I’ve gotten better at it, but I’m afraid my NC favorite may change soon thanks to jfields

Interesting question.

CC: To be honest, I'm not actually a huge fan of CCs---I've enjoyed some of the standby classics like RASS, Epi #2, Boli Gold Medals & RyJ Short Churchills over the years but probably the REAL standout was a gifted RyJ churchill with 5 years of careful aging on it. Utterly magnificent.

I don't have the patience, storage or budget to produce that sort of thing on my own, though. :confused:

NC: Well, everyone knows my go-to stick is the San Cristobal Fabuloso. I go through a box of those a month and it's generally the first stick I reach for, although there are a lot of other great sticks in my regular rotation, particularly the RomaCraft Cromagnon Venus, which is superb. But absolute favorite would probably be God of Fire Carlito, either the piramide or the double robusto tubo. o_O

~Boar

CC: I was visiting my good friend in Seattle for his birthday, went to a cigar club and smoked a late 1800’s cigar rolled with the old “black” tobacco... we made it last over an hour, sipping on it and admiring the snow white ash... what an amazing experience...

NC: uhhhh... what does NC stand for? ?

What a great question...hard to come up with only a few.

CC's - I've smoked some amazing sticks. I've got a box of 2007 Ramon Allones Estupendos RE's that are amazing. Bill sent me a Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008 that I reviewed, that was phenomenal. I recently went deep on some Bolivar Liberatadors that I have high hopes for; I've got a box of '14 sticks that are amazing. I have a box of Montecristo Dantes that I have similar high hopes for down the road. I have a precious few '74 RyJ coronas (..??..) that are just breathtaking. But, the big surprise is some regular production sticks are beyond solid as well. Some CoRo's with a few years in the cabinet are wonderful. And, "plain old" JL#2's and BBF's will surprise you, with some rest time on them.

NC's - Of course this is where many of us started, right? My disappointment is that the sticks of today just don't seem to have the blend and complexity of sticks from only a few years ago. Have my tastes changed....sure. But...I was deep on Anejos and they just don't get it done for me anymore. Another 'family' of sticks were staples in my cabinet for years, but recent offerings have been really disappointing. I have a very few real OR Tatuajie 2003 Cojonu and Lanceros that are really good, but they are no more.

I'm probably approaching 90+% CC's in the cabinet, and ordering NC's just doesn't happen much, anymore......

Yeah, that didn't really answer your question, did it...??..:rolleyes:

Those '74 RyJ's and the '07 RA Estupendos are probably the most memorable cigars I've ever smoked. There you go.....:cool:

Last edited:
CC - H Upmann magnum 46 tubo is one of my favorites. But love the boxed 46 and 54 also. want to get my hands on some of the LE magnums. Also enjoy the classics like RASS, Monte #2, Boli Gold Medals, Partagas.

NC - A Padron 40th Maduro and Tat frank we awesome stick i will always remember. But never had a Padron i didn't enjoy.

Fun!

CC: Vegas Robaina Unicos. Given a little time down it develops a breathtaking complexity I've rarely tasted in any other cigar. RyJ Churchills and Belicosos, RASS and RASCC, and SCdLH El Principes all get an honorable mention.

NC: Illusione Epernay Le Matin. No surprise here, right? Aganorsa leaf is the only tobacco that comes close to Cuba's depth of flavor and aging potential. Illusiones remain the best expressions of that tobacco. Singulares get an honorable mention, as does most of Aganorsa's portfolio.

CC: The BRC POS 2007 box codes were some of the best leaf out there. Smoked many boxes of those over the years.

NC: The first few years of the Opus X line with their Colorado wrappers were unbelievable. The last few years have been meh. The original Tatuaje line had some great cigars as well. I've always been drawn to the Davidoff line, the Millennium Lancero were sublime.

The stories and descriptions are the best part about this. Valuable insights too.

It's a great question! I don't have the experience with rare or hard to find cigars that many of you do so my mistresses are not so exotic.

CC's - I don't want to say Cohiba but I had some Esplendidos with age on them that blew me away. Couldn't keep my hands off them. Also a box of Lusitanias that I couldn't leave alone...

NC's - Mostly I've enjoyed Fuentes but keeping it in the family my current go to mistress would be the Ashton VSG Illusions. I'd love to try an aged one but mine all go up in smoke...

CC: I don't have a wealth of experience here, but I think my favorite is the Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos. They were tight and unsmokable when fresh, but at around five years they really opened up and started being immensely enjoyable. I smoked the last one of the box probably last year with around seven or eight years on the box. It was absolutely incredible, and I was sad to no longer have any left. RASS or Epicure #2 probably come in second, in no preferential order; I'm just happy enough to get my hands on them when I can.

NC: This is a hard one, as my preferences are ever-changing. I don't have the distinct palette that many here do -- I judge my experiences off of "would smoke again" and "would not smoke again". Every so often I get a, "buy a box of these things as soon as you get back inside!". If I had to pick just one, though, I'd say, if it really existed, the Padron Panatela.

I'm the new guy here....
CC: I have yet to experience the mystique and awe which go with these. May have to dust off the ol' passeporte and brave the sun, surf and sands of the Carribbean.

NC: I enjoyed The Griffen's by Davidoff enough to order a box a week into this. Since then I've come across the CAO Gold and the AF Hemingway. A box of each are inbound.

I may have to sell a kidney to support this hobby!

CC: I had a fresh Alex Gonzalez Lonsdale this year with some mind blowing flavors that tops my list! What I’ve always found interesting about CCs is how drastically they can differ between box codes and years. I had a Party Short a couple months ago that knocked my socks off but the one I had a month before that was a complete dud!

NC: Top right now for me is the Southern Draw Kudzu! It hit every box for what I like in flavor, appearance and construction! To me it was perfect but I have not yet had another to be able to judge it’s consistency!

CC: These Winnies you all speak of sound like the holy grail, maybe someday I'll sniff one. The most loved CC I've had is probably the Connie 'A'

NC: Illusione Epernay and The King is Dead by Caldwell seem to be right in my wheelhouse.