• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your thoughts on the "Intro Forum"!

Respond to a whole page or 2 or more at one time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Where is this intro thread section you speak of?

I FOUND IT

:sign:

Tim

I reply to intros from people around my area, and occasionally will read through and reply to some well worded ones, but I don't post indiscriminately.

I'm sure many members have good intentions when they welcome everybody who posts a thread, however I fear that the Intro Forum is sometimes used as a method of post padding.

We're constantly reminded that post count means nothing here, so I'm not sure why there's concern there...
Your right, but not everybody understands that. I'm just saying that I've seen new people join up and immediately start welcoming everybody else who joined that week. After a few days, they've got 50+ posts and 80% of them are in the Intro Forum. It's not a widespread problem, just something I've seen before.

Either I am paranoid or y'all are referring to me as one of the ones who post to a whole page at a time with "the same" cut-n-paste greeting. ;) :0

I actually take the time to read their intro and specifically comment on somthing I find interresting or noteworthy, or as Doc said an opportunity to make a smarta$$ remark all in good fun. I think everyone who takes the time to post an intro, deserves a proper greeting. It's just the eternal Host in me. :D

I haven't been very good at it lately as I've been very busy. Sometimes I do a whole bunch because I can't sleep & need to take my mind off things. My $.02

I try to stop in there a few times a week and say howdy to the all new members. It's the least I can do to welcome folks to our great site........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Either I am paranoid or y'all are referring to me as one of the ones who post to a whole page at a time with "the same" cut-n-paste greeting. ;) :0

I actually take the time to read their intro and specifically comment on somthing I find interresting or noteworthy, or as Doc said an opportunity to make a smarta$$ remark all in good fun. I think everyone who takes the time to post an intro, deserves a proper greeting. It's just the eternal Host in me. :D

I haven't been very good at it lately as I've been very busy. Sometimes I do a whole bunch because I can't sleep & need to take my mind off things. My $.02
RH, you contribute much more to the forum than just intro posts. IMO, there's nothing wrong with using a generic cut-n-paste greeting for every new member. It's only a very small percentage who go in there and try to immediately jack up a post count before they realize it doesn't get them anywhere here. Trust me, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, as most of the people in question don't stick around longer than a few days anyway.

Garry, your fuggen responses don't correspond to your questions. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

You're now officially on "Poll starter's probation" and you next offense means double-secret probation and you DO NOT want that.

I voted "maybe" for both. :sign:

The warm reception is why i opened up and started posting, before CP i very rarely posted, so as you can see there is a down side. :rolleyes:

I try to reply randomly, and usually to people in my area as well. However, imo it is pretty annoying though when you hit "View new posts" and 40 intro threads come up because someone decided to pad their post count by replying to every new member under the sun. I'm just sayin...

I try to reply randomly, and usually to people in my area as well. However, imo it is pretty annoying though when you hit "View new posts" and 40 intro threads come up because someone decided to pad their post count by replying to every new member under the sun. I'm just sayin...

Not like you don't post pad Phil... :laugh:

One of the things that got me to join CP as opposed to just reading as an anonymous guest was the intro forum. Maybe it was a bit narcissistic of me to want to talk about myself but getting started on a BBS can be a bit overwhelming to those of us "wallflowers". The welcomes I got made me feel instantly part of the group and it was nice.

I haven't visited that forum in a while but I always appreciated the well-written intros and not some simple, "Hi. I'm new."

Just my .02

Today, 12:11 PM
Last post by: MaxNoodle
Today, 12:10 PM
Today, 12:08 PM
Today, 12:07 PM
Today, 12:06 PM
Today, 12:04 PM
Today, 12:03 PM
Today, 12:02 PM
Today, 12:01 PM
Today, 12:00 PM
Today, 11:59 AM

Is this really necessary? I click new posts and all I see is this covering a page.

I seldom welcome anyone. Not being a dick or anything, just don't get around to it.

I seldom welcome anyone, being a dick and all.

I hear you!

Today, 12:11 PM
Today, 12:07 PM
Today, 12:06 PM
Today, 12:04 PM
Today, 12:00 PM
Today, 11:59 AM

Is this really necessary? I click new posts and all I see is this covering a page.

That's going to hurt! I agree with you on this, selective welcomes are the way to go :thumbs:

I typically greet guys from MN. On occasion, I'll also greet a neighboring/fellow cheesehead.