• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You're no longer a Newbie if...

Treamayne

On the run...
So, I recently noticed that my title changed from CP Newbie to Member and as my chest swelled with pride I began to think... how can one tell that they are not a newbie any longer. Despite the change in title, I still feel a bit new - especially since I've had this hobby barely a year and there is so much to learn. I've had my first trade, but not my first pass (though it looks like I will be in the Newbie pass <grin>).

To make a long story short (too late) this thread is for any real, imagined or fully reasons why a CPer can consider his newbie status as complete.

EG:

YANLAN: if you've successfully completed your first trade and pass.

if a FOG asks you for a trade.

if you look through CA and can relate all the CP reviews and compare them to the magazine reviews.

etc....

Add to your hearts content, funny, serious, it matters not.

...you know that those Cohibas in a glass topped box bought by your cousin's neighbor's sister's brother-in-law's cleaninglady who works at the factory, are most likely fake.

You're really no longer a newbee when your post count exceeds your membership number :sign: :sign: :sign:

if you can successfully make fun of coventrycat and possibly PB, but that's like beating a dead horse.

Treamayne said:
Despite the change in title, I still feel a bit new - especially since I've had thi shobby barely a year and there is so much to learn.
when you can spell "THIS" correctly ;)
OR When you can explain what a "Shobby" is :p

Just yankin ya chain bro. Newbie really is a state of mind. I am a "FOG Newbie" myself :D

AVB said:
You're really no longer a newbee when your post count exceeds your membership number :sign: :sign: :sign:
That means Shadow was no longer a newbie after 15 posts, LOL, don't know if that's a good definition, :D

On second thought, if they've been around long enough so that they have such a low number, then I guess they are not a newbie anyway. So, yes, I agree.

AVB said:
Doh!

I guess I'm going to be a newbie for awhile. :D

...You have the numbers of several different CPers programmed in your cellphone.

1. You must have participated in 20 passes minimum, remember this is CIGAR PASS, not Cigar-BS or Cigar-Chat or Cigar-I've-got-real-Cohibas-even-if-they look-like-pipes :p
2. You must attend a minimum of one LOL herf :0
3. You must have met in person at least five CPer's ;)
4. You must have at least SMOKED a minimum of two boxes of Havanas. If you still don't like them after that, fine but you have to have at least given them a shot. :D
5. You should own a copy of MRN's book but this is "extra credit" and not required :p
6. You have to have at least tried some of the ridiculously overpriced domestics like Opus, PAM, Diamond Crown, etc. but you are not required to have smoked many boxes of these because they are too expensive and not worth the money :p
7. You must gain the respect of SamClemmons (good luck):0
8. You must have sent Rod at least two Havanas or high end cigars :sign:
9. You must have sent Moki at least two dog rockets :0
10. You must have participated in at least one CP Secret Santa :love:
11. Your post count does not matter :( ( DAMMIT, and after all this.........)
12. You should be able to tell a real Havana from a fake one (see why I'll never be a FOG? :p )
13. You should have at least one humi/coolerdor, etc. with BEADS :thumbs:
14. If you can do a cigar review without making any references to shrubbery :D

I'm still working on most of these :p

coventrycat86 said:
I am still working on a a good portion of that list myself. :0

Because of #7 I feel I shall be a Newbie forever. :lookup:

coventrycat86 said:
1. You must have participated in 20 passes minimum, remember this is CIGAR PASS, not Cigar-BS or Cigar-Chat or Cigar-I've-got-real-Cohibas-even-if-they look-like-pipes :p
2. You must attend a minimum of one LOL herf :0
3. You must have met in person at least five CPer's ;)
4. You must have at least SMOKED a minimum of two boxes of Havanas. If you still don't like them after that, fine but you have to have at least given them a shot. :D
5. You should own a copy of MRN's book but this is "extra credit" and not required :p
6. You have to have at least tried some of the ridiculously overpriced domestics like Opus, PAM, Diamond Crown, etc. but you are not required to have smoked many boxes of these because they are too expensive and not worth the money :p
7. You must gain the respect of SamClemmons (good luck):0
8. You must have sent Rod at least two Havanas or high end cigars :sign:
9. You must have sent Moki at least two dog rockets :0
10. You must have participated in at least one CP Secret Santa :love:
11. Your post count does not matter :( ( DAMMIT, and after all this.........)
12. You should be able to tell a real Havana from a fake one (see why I'll never be a FOG? :p )

1. Nope... 20 is entering that psuedo-pass god realm... Get a real job :p
2. Nope... Who want's to smoke the stinky vintage Havana's w/ those trouble makers!?!
3. 12 and counting
4. Havana's...harumphfff... they're ok... :p
5. Have read it front to back 5 times now... Amazing piece of work!
6. More than I care to admit paying for
7. Hey, that is damn near impossible. ;)
8. And a fun bombing run it was!
9. I have some Lars I can send him... lol
10. Nope
11. Only quality posts should count. CC's count would be half! :0
12. Only fakes I have seen are Esplendido's

I want add:
Have driven over 5 hours round trip to attend a Herf.
Have Herfed with CP'ers in 3 or more different states.
Have actually held or seen a Blue Dragon.

LMAO @ Emo :D :D :D :D

AND I like your additions too ;)

What the hell is a "Blue Dragon" ??? Told ya I'm a noobie :p

11. Only quality posts should count. CC's count would be half!

Ok Mr. "Hi" :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
LMAO @ Emo :D :D :D :D

AND I like your additions too ;)

What the hell is a "Blue Dragon" ??? Told ya I'm a noobie :p

11. Only quality posts should count. CC's count would be half!

Ok Mr. "Hi" :sign:
When you have seen as many newbies come and go as I have, "Hi" works wonderfully.

Emo

When you have seen as many newbies come and go as I have, "Hi" works wonderfully.

Now THAT is TFF :D :D :D

A point well taken, it seems that many new members we had late last year stuck around but quite a few from this year were around, active, then GONE in a flash :(

Help a newbie out (meaning ME), what's a "Blue Dragon"?

coventrycat86 said:

Now THAT is TFF :D :D :D

A point well taken, it seems that many new members we had late last year stuck around but quite a few from this year were around, active, then GONE in a flash :(

Help a newbie out (meaning ME), what's a "Blue Dragon"?
Ahhh, my young grahsshoppa...go and find the aahhnsahh, and make the twahnsition to a maahhsta pahssa...

Your no longer a newbie when you catch yourself saying things to yourself like, "F*****g newbies screwing things up", or "too many g** d*** newbies around this place screwing things up." A good altenative indicator is posting things like "back when I first joined we.........". :thumbs:

CC, you'll have to ask one of the 3 letter members what a Blue Dragon is LOL!!! :D