• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"YUCKMOUTH"

CajunChris

Here in South Louisiana, we like our cigars and our coffee strong.  I love to sit out on the patio and have a late night smoke.  When I wake up, I love a couple of cups of Community Coffee.  Add the 2 together, and I can give Godzilla a run for his money, no matter how many times I brush or how many mints I eat!
I've recently gotten several suggestions(which I have not tried yet).....orange juice, an apple, scraping the tongue with a cool spoon, fresh ginger, Cuban instead of Dominican cigars, etc., etc.
I haven't recieved any complaints, but let's face it.  We've all had cigar YUCKMOUTH at one time or another.
Any secrets or tricks that really work?
CajunChris

I've had this problem too... However, when I smoke Cuban's I don't have this problem. I don't know why that is, maybe the way they cure the tobacco in Cuba. But when smoking the Dominicans, I do get this. Try rinsing with listerine really well, and brushing not only your teeth, but your whole mouth and tongue. I've noticed that this helps dramatically. Otherwise, smoke Cuban Bolivars, and you won't have this problem. ;)Hope this helps...Rod

Hmmm. Cubans give me a nasty case of morning after bad breath, just like Dominicans, Hondurans, and Nicaraguans. The only sure-fire cure for cigar breath I've found is Indian food. After I've been to an Indian restaurant, I reek of garlic and spices. That seems to nicely mask the cigar odors. (At least my wife complains about the garlic as opposed to the tobacco. :) )Your best bet for morning after breath is probably a thorough tooth, gum, and tongue brushing followed by a thorough rinsing with a strong mouthwash. It also seems to help to eat something and brush a second time.

I used to wake up and get sick to my stomach from it,but after the first few months of cigars I got used to it. I usually just brush and suck on a coughdrop or fisherman's friend. before bed.

I think I read this one here somewhere, and it works pretty well: put a few drops of shampoo in a small cup of water and rinse your mouth with it. Check the label for some form of sodium sulfate (it's usually sodium lauryl sulfate), since that's the active odor-eating ingredient. Be sure not to swallow, 'cause it's a pretty effective laxative also.

I've heard that about cubans before, but I've only had the opportunity to smoke 3 or 4 of them. Because of availability, I usually smoke DR's or Nic's.
I've done the brushing/mouthwash/altoid mints thing. That does seem to work the best.
I'm going to try the apple/ fresh orange wedge to see if it works. (I've heard it does, but haven't tried it yet)Nothing personal, avh, but I think I'll pass on the shampoo ideal. As an investment advisor, I'm always analysing risk to reward ratios. In this case the laxative risk isn't worth the fresh breath reward!!!!!
:biggrin:Thanks guys,
CC

I prefer to eat a fresh lemon. Not only does it leave your mouth lemony fresh, it kills a lot of bacteria in your mouth also (must be the acid) LOL, not THAT acid) I usually don't see any paisley.(Edited by Tim Hampton at 12:32 pm on Feb. 22, 2001)

Try a teaspoon full of baking soda before bed. Put the spoon of baking soda in your mouth then drink a glass of water. Becareful not to choke though. This also works as an antacid. :)

A lemon, huh? Like I said, I've heard an orange or orange juice. There must be something to the (CITRIC) acid thing!

Baking soda huh? I can get rit of Yuckmouth AND settle my stomach in one shot!

With respect to eating a lemon, be careful. Lemon acid attacks the enamel of the tooth. How do I know; my wife has been in dentistry for 14 years. Just trying to be helpful and keep those shit eating grins Boo-T-Ful :laugh:

Two Hookers in Kings Cross Sydney.
One says to the other one, "My mouth feels like the bottom of a Birdcage"
The other Hookers replys, "I'm not surprised, There was a Cockatoo in there last night". :whistling:
Palm_Cockatoo1.jpg

i will brush my teeth and tongue with listerine, but a cup full of listerine and throw your tooth brush in there to work like a car wash and then i brush with reuglar toothpaste to top it all off.

I've found a good tooth/tongue/cheek brushing and mouthwash rinse afterwards really helps. Also the earlier I smoke, the less pronounced the yuckmouth is the next day. I guess it's the rest of the eating/drinking for that day that helps get rid it it.

Let us know if any of the other tricks you try work for you.

Biotene Mouthwash. Ranks in the top 5 of the smartest things Devil Doc has ever said.

It can be had at approximately 6 bucks a bottle at Target. One swish of that and you'll be back to kissing in no time, and no Matt, not Brent, and no Breedy, not trannies, and no Tom not hookers, and no Josh (Wildcard), not midget hookers. That's The Wizard (King Of The Internet)'s new job now.

I too have found that the morning after taste is less intense after Cuban cigars than others. Usually for me I brush my teeth and tongue, can't forget the flossing, and finish up with one or two Listerine rinses, and I'm good to go. Never failed me yet.