• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Z-plus lighter insert

AztecKing

Has anyone tried one of these that Viper sells? I have an older Zippo and would love to use it if this insert is what it's hyped up to be. Thanks.

Jeff

What's up Aztec?
Rock Jayhawk!!
The Z-plus insert is a bullet proof little lighter. I use it at least 30 times a day, for the last 9 months. I have put aside all my other, more expensive lighters to this!
We did have problems with the insert in generic, older, square body styles.
Due to its size requirements to fit a Zippo, you may need to fill it dally.

Scott

Love mine!! But make sure you use high quality fuel. A friend bought one of those "half gallon" cheap cans, and plugged his up. Think that fuel would plug up any lighter though!!

Thanks for the replies! Outlawsp, what do you mean due to it's size it needs filled daily? I'm assuming it will fit a newer Zippo? What other lighter will it fit in?

Jeff

The lighter has a small butane tank, you may need to fill it daily, if you plan to smoke everyday. I have had costumers buy it for knockoff Zippos, and they will not fit right.
Current Zippos are they way to go. If you buy one, make sure it fits well before you leave the store.

If you like to torch your cigars for 4-5 minutes at a time, then yeah, youll probably have to fill it every day.

I smoke on average 5-7 cigars in any given week and i fill mine MAYBE twice a month.

Jeffro600 said:
If you like to torch your cigars for 4-5 minutes at a time, then yeah, youll probably have to fill it every day.

I smoke on average 5-7 cigars in any given week and i fill mine MAYBE twice a month.
[snapback]255166[/snapback]​

same for me

Love it! The only flaw I can see is that it's nearly impossible to tell how much fuel is in the thing. I hold the insert up to the light and I still can't tell! A very minor problem in my opinion.

Functionally, it has lasted longer than every Colibri I have ever used.

I like it, but it's one of those lighters that run out of fuel without warning. Most lighters give you a few desperate lights to let you know it needs fuel. The z-plus just dies, and it doesn't hold enough to begin with. My two cents.

It's awesome. More importantly it lets me use my zippo that I love. I love the profile on the zippo. I had to turn mine all the way up to get a consistent light. Other than that, 2 thumbs up. :thumbs:

I like mine. The one I currently own is my second, I broke my first one. I think I was too rough when filling it ??? Anyways, it's a great buy. I didn't hesitate to order another one.