• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Platinum Sceptre "Grand Master"

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Well I have finished this cigar, but before I post my review, I thought I would show what the makers have to say about this cigar.

The Zino Platinum Scepter Series offers great tastes. complex yet harmonious experiences and exquisite aromas with a range of strengths suitable for both the novice and experienced cigar smoker of today. Scepter Series smokers enjoy bold taste with a pleasurable draw and the balanced combination that Zino Platinum has perfected.

The blend of the different filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic and Peru is specially processed for this cigar, aged for over four years and combined with the binder from Connecticut, USA. This unique blend, finished with a Connecticut Ecuador wrapper results in a unique, dynamic and even taste which delightfully invites smokers to discover new stimulations with each puff of a Scepter Series cigar.

A signature quality of Zino Platinum is the aroma of the smoke, which is intense without being aggressive, producing pleasant sweetness. The Scepter Series has a friendly characteristic that offers strong taste without undue force for smokers of all types. This is achieved through an understanding of the palate and the regions of the tongue responsible for sensing bitterness and sweetness.

Okay now for my review. First off I noticed how well constructed this cigar was, no hard spots, and when I used a small punch, it had a draw that was nice but not loose, the color was a light chocolate color, the aroma was of a clean earthy smell, I toasted the end and it gave off a pleasant smell, with lots of very light gray smoke, the first draw was suprising, no harshness and had a taste of cocoa to it, the burn was even and the smoke was voluminous. The cigar was a medium flavored, which I found suprising since most Zino's where very mild in flavor, it had some nice complexities to it. The other flavors started to become more pronounced as I smoked, after the first third was smoked I noticed a earthy/cedar taste, very nice. I had a hard time pinning down the exact flavor, but it was enjoyable, while it was not overly complex, I did see that the cigar, when properly aged, would be a HUGE cigar, the ash was light gray also and maintained it's shape. The cigar was in my humidor for about 2 weeks, so it was still very young, but had flavor of a more aged cigar. I smoked this cigar all the way down to the nub.

Construction 85

Taste 75

Color 80

Overall 80

This cigar was well worth the smoke, as for the price of $15 per cigar, I would buy it at that. Would I recommend this cigar for a newbie to cigars, most likely not, since it was a little more subtle in flavor and a more mature palate is needed to appreciate the finer points of the cigar. This cigar was down right YUMMY

Hey ParaGod, nice review. I love the way you formatted it with the makers propoganda and then your review. I'm gonna have to try one of these I think. Oh and thanks for the warning to stay away from Opus (the scammer) in the other thread.
Hey Lucasbuck, Do not send anything to this guy, In case you where thinking about it. He is a scammer

I just noticed it today finally. Asleep at the wheel I guess. :p