• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Platinum

Smithers

Has anyone tried the Zino Platimun cigars ? I see that Seriouscigar.com has a sampler that includes a free crown crib (4 stick platimun crown sampler). Are these smokes worth the $$$ ???

They are certainly well made but a little on the light side for my tastes. They are also a bit over priced, but that's only one opinion. Might make a good morning cigar with coffee. If you haven't tried one, do try it and go from there.

I tend to try everything once... ;)

Smithers said:
Has anyone tried the Zino Platimun cigars ? I see that Seriouscigar.com has a sampler that includes a free crown crib (4 stick platimun crown sampler). Are these smokes worth the $$$ ???
[snapback]260391[/snapback]​

They're giving away the Z-crib? 2-Guys is selling that for $129. I just can't imagine anyone giving it away. But then I can't imagine pay $32 for a cigar like that.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
They're giving away the Z-crib? 2-Guys is selling that for $129. I just can't imagine anyone giving it away. But then I can't imagine pay $32 for a cigar like that.

Wilkey
[snapback]260489[/snapback]​

From thier site:
"Here is what makes this special offer even more irresistible. With the purchase of this Zino Platinum Sampler you will receive the following items absolutely FREE:

One Zino Platinum Crown Crib (a sampler of 4 sizes of the Crown series) -a $128 value

A Coupon for one Zino Platinum Cigar Knife - a $55 value

Free Shipping - a minimum $6.50 value "

That why I am thinking about getting this sampler, how can I pass a free $128.00 in smokes. Besides it is the only way I will ever get 4 $32.00 sticks in my humidor.

I really enjoy the Platinum. I have had maybe half a dozen of the Chubby, and wthey are a real nice medium smoke, with lots of easy to enjoy charachter. Are they worth the $$? Buying singles? Probably not, but with all the freebies, I'm even thinking of getting some more.

The Platinums are pretty good mild-medium strength cigars with a rather unique flavor profile. I can't describe it other than to say the taste is just different.

As for the Crowns ... these are WAAAAYYYYY overpriced. They are a good $10, but a lousy $30 cigar.

It's a decent deal with the freebies.

I've smoked a few of these and I think they are overpriced, overrated, kind of bland, nothing special and not worth wasting time on. As Lee said, they're worth trying but I just didn't like them. You might like them if you like lighter cigars. I also agree with Lee that they are well made, the burn and draw is what you'd expect from an expensvie cigar so in that department they are worth it.

coventrycat86 said:
I've smoked a few of these and I think they are overpriced, overrated, kind of bland, nothing special and not worth wasting time on. As Lee said, they're worth trying but I just didn't like them. You might like them if you like lighter cigars. I also agree with Lee that they are well made, the burn and draw is what you'd expect from an expensvie cigar so in that department they are worth it.
[snapback]260663[/snapback]​
I would agree with both Lee and cc. I have smoked a few of these and find them far too mild for my taste. Yes, they do burn perfectly, as do all Davidoffs. But taste is an individual thing, so as everyone has said, you should probably try one to be sure. After all, our tag line here is "Experience the Variety." As for whether these are worth it, who knows. As cc posted recently “People buy "pricey" cigars because they want to.” Different things are worth different prices to different people. I mean really, is a Jaguar worth it? ;)