• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

Port Brewing Older Viscosity I got from Mike (MASPuros). He wrote "June 2010" on the label.
6rqxyo.jpg
That definitely looks like an older label.

Crooked Stave Surette.

I think CS might be making the best beer out there right now.

Had the blueberry petite sour this evening which came highly recommended by the local beer shop that sold it to me. I've got another few to try as well. I'm a huge sour fan and for once a brewery put their money where there mouth was by making something creative and pulling it off. So many s**t sours out there done just because it was the next thing.

Looks great, how bitter is it? I love the NE IPA styles. If you can get some Treehouse/Trillium IPAs/DIPAs, you'll really enjoy those.

Fairly bitter but I freakin' love it. I'm a hop head and when its well balanced I'm allll about it.

Fairly bitter but I freakin' love it. I'm a hop head and when its well balanced I'm allll about it.
I live in San Diego and I'm inundated with hops here...but I never get a straight answer when they say it's well balanced. What are the hops balanced against?

I live in San Diego and I'm inundated with hops here...but I never get a straight answer when they say it's well balanced. What are the hops balanced against?

To me it means that the hops balance well with the malt profile of the beer. So in this case, you're tasting a lot of hops but its not like a sh*tload of bitterness and thats it with nothing to support it.

Reminds me of a couple beers I've had. As much as I didn't want to give into the hype, when I had Pliny The Younger (years ago) what struck me was the harmony of the hops and malt in such a big beer. They all seemed to coalesce. Then years later I taste a bottle of Noble Citra Showers and I might as well have chewed on Citra hops or drank extract as it was completely imbalanced and not really to my liking at all.

ks_ah_pint.jpg
El Segundo Brewing Citra Pale Ale
Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion No. 005
Stone Delicious IPA
Modern Times Booming Rollers
Karl Strauss Aurora Hoppyalis IPA @ Karl Strauss Anaheim

Last edited:
IMG_3383.JPG

Sitting on the deck not smoking cause my wife is hosting a little get together for the 15 moms and daughters on the girls basketball team. My job is to make margaritas and pour wine, keep the ice buckets full.