• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Thanks! I had it in mind that they would take between 4-8 hours and in truth these probably would have taken closer to 8 and perhaps beyond. As I said, they were stubborn. I wrapped them in foil after about 5 hours and boosted the temp in the smoker to try to get then going quicker before ditching that for the oven for a quick spell. If I was just cooking for myself I would have left them on the smoker but I was preparing them for dinner with the folks so I rushed them. They still turned out good but not quite as good as they could have been.

Hard to argue with the price of pork, though. That rack of pork was less than half the cost of the beef ribs.

Yes, those beef ribs are really expensive out here in NY. Also, they are hard to find and when you do, they are the smaller "short ribs" and already cut into single pieces.

Had a 4 bone piece of beef ribs on the smoker awhile ago, 225 for 7.5 hours and could have used more time may try them again but cut them to single bones

I made these short ribs yesterday (nothing like the big girls @The Black Cloud made). They were made Korean style, marinated them for only about 2 hours because when I decided to make them it was already around 4PM. The marinate consisted of soy sauce, rice vinegar, scallions, ginger roots, pears, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, brown sugar and kosher salt. Everything goes into a food processor.
IMG_20170522_080312_979_zpskrcuzybt.jpg

I like for them to have that charring and they are still rare inside.
IMG_20170522_080545_204_zpsydz54osx.jpg

IMG_20170522_125203_855_zpsxvcr0n7u.jpg

I was too hungry to take more pictures but I built a couple of romaine lettuce wraps with spicy cabbage kimchi, fresh carrots and the short ribs. Where have this been all of my life?!

The wife has been wanting to eat garlic butter shrimp with fried green plantains (tostones) so yesterday I decided to make some for her. Today I'm hoping to use the leftover shrimps to make something that resembles a lobster roll.... Or I'm guessing that I'll just be making up my own sandwich concoction.

IMG_20170518_080041_502_zpszcoxnaq1.jpg

There is literally NOTHING you can do with shrimp that I won't like. That looks delicious! I've got to get around to trying my hand at fried plantains.

~Boar

The plan was to use the charcoal grill to make some burgers but it was raining almost the whole day. Plan B, cast iron pans.
IMG_20170605_083243_536_zps8i3ywvf2.jpg

Toasted bread, double meat (85/15% rib eye and chuck), provolone and extra cheddar cheese, runny sunny side up fried egg, turkey bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and a spicy sauce made with ketchup, mayo and chili garlic. This was my first time adding an egg to a burger and it was delicious.
IMG_20170604_171017_378_zpszumtg93p.jpg

The plan was to use the charcoal grill to make some burgers but it was raining almost the whole day. Plan B, cast iron pans.
IMG_20170605_083243_536_zps8i3ywvf2.jpg

Toasted bread, double meat (85/15% rib eye and chuck), provolone and extra cheddar cheese, runny sunny side up fried egg, turkey bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and a spicy sauce made with ketchup, mayo and chili garlic. This was my first time adding an egg to a burger and it was delicious.
Looks good! I've been wondering lately how an egg would taste on a burger, I keep seeing it and I'm getting tempted!

No Red Robins in CA? They have a burger, with an egg on it :)
We do. Not many, from my understanding but they are around, I believe. There are many places around that will include an egg in a burger.

I'm of the opinion that a fried egg should always be a default adding to a burger. If you've never tried it...two words: life changing. I suppose life-ending would work as well.

That looks great! I love burgers with eggs. When I was on the USS America you could get a 1/2 lb burger like this at midnight. It was called a "Barney Clark" named after the first artificial heart patient.