• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do I have a lemon, or just bad service?

When they Chevy had an issue that took them a couple of days to figure out, they gave me a loaner. I would schedule another appointment and demand a loaner as this is an ongoing issue. You could try contacting Ford corp, or verifying the dealer has.

Ford gave me a rental. They offered an F250 super duty dually. I can't park that anywhere in my office. So I got a Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi. Nice ride. I could only imagine how much more I would be spending in fuel, if that was my daily driver.

I was thinking the simple with it being a U joint. Also it is a Ford so that shouldn't be over looked... Lol

I'll only buy Toyota and Lexus. Between two Tundra's with about 600k miles on them, the only thing I've had to do besides basic service is brake pads and two O2 sensors. Never have been a lover of Ford products.

I'll only buy Toyota and Lexus. Between two Tundra's with about 600k miles on them, the only thing I've had to do besides basic service is brake pads and two O2 sensors. Never have been a lover of Ford products.

The new Tundra is sexy.
Wife loves the new $Runner.

I'd have to test the tundra. I hear great things about it. However my Toyota experience has been with Camry and RAV4 rentals. Neither of which I or the wife cared for. The ride was uber sensitive and felt like you could feel everything.

I'd have to test the tundra. I hear great things about it. However my Toyota experience has been with Camry and RAV4 rentals. Neither of which I or the wife cared for. The ride was uber sensitive and felt like you could feel everything.
Think Toyota for a pick up, but don't expect a huge hauling capacity unless that's changed in the last five years.

Think Lexus when it comes to a sedan. My wife is very picky about the ride and comfort of her cars. Loves hers much to my relief. I hate cars that constantly need maintenance.

Think Toyota for a pick up, but don't expect a huge hauling capacity unless that's changed in the last five years.

Think Lexus when it comes to a sedan. My wife is very picky about the ride and comforts of her cars. Loves hers much to my relief. I hate cars that constantly need maintenance.
I have a freind who recently bought a Lexus compact/sport SUV. He loves it.

I didn't have this kind of issue until now. I honestly suspect it was the mistake I made of going to the dealer service center by my office as opposed the one by my home where I bought the car and have never had these kind of issues.

I average about 22 with my Silverado 1500. I think it's a 5.2 but it does drop 4 cylinders under low load.

I average about 22 with my Silverado 1500. I think it's a 5.2 but it does drop 4 cylinders under low load.

5.3 or 6.2
Probably the 5.3 because you'd have to pay more for the 6.2 and wouldn't do that unknowingly because most of their V8's are the 5.3

Freeway mine will do that also. Average though is 18.

My freeway mileage is about 18. Around town we're looking at closer to 12. Especially since people can't drive for shit around here and it's safer to be in front of them than behind them most of the time. Then again, I can't turn off four of my cylinders... :p

*EDIT*, Oh, C, what transmission do you have? I know Ford had a big issue with the CVT around that time frame. I have a relative who had Ford replace their car (Focus, I think) because the CVT kept giving them issues.

My freeway mileage is about 18. Around town we're looking at closer to 12. Especially since people can't drive for shit around here and it's safer to be in front of them than behind them most of the time. Then again, I can't turn off four of my cylinders... :p

*EDIT*, Oh, C, what transmission do you have? I know Ford had a big issue with the CVT around that time frame. I have a relative who had Ford replace their car (Focus, I think) because the CVT kept giving them issues.
It's not part of the big focus buy backs that I'm aware of. A friend of my wife's just got her car (focus) purchased back from Ford.
I'm not fairly optimistic that they're going to resolve whatever is going on, I was supposed to get the car back yesterday. Instead, I got a call that supposedly parts came in but repairs won't be completed until Monday. This service center is closed weekends. I honestly feel like they're trying to buy time. We shall see what happens next.

Ford Transmissions....hmmm. Ford has always seemed to lag in that area. Seems like they're designed to self destruct at 100k. Could be wrong, but damned if I haven't seen it happen far too often.

Ford Transmissions....hmmm. Ford has always seemed to lag in that area. Seems like they're designed to self destruct at 100k. Could be wrong, but damned if I haven't seen it happen far too often.
As much praise as people give Japanese cars for going 100, 200, 300 K plus, I owned a Honda Civic which had transmission crap out at 120,000. I agree Ford needs to up thier game with transmissions. Now, I'm looking at vehicles to see how car seats install in the rear. The Dodge Challenger may be an option, if I want to keep a car and Ford can't fix my vehicle. Unless the sales guy we know makes me an offer I can't refuse.